TRI Move me Brightly

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: TRI Move me Brightly

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Lets get something straight here.

I started this because people were saying how Phil and Mike were so alike and that they are practically the same, and I'm here to tell you that statement was WRONG. Also you are right I love the Grateful Dead and I can never get enough to fill my Grateful Dead hunger (also to Phil my Phil Lesh hunger.) This is a Grateful Dead forum and I find there to be no need for anyone to be talking about Phish here. Mike Gordon is a great bass player like I said above but for some to say he is like Phil is very debatable and I find it frustrating. I never have seen The Grateful Dead nor have I ever seen Jerry Garcia but you cannot say that once he died the thousands of lost "Dead Heads" did not go on tour with Phish because they had nothing to do.

I'm glad to hear that you are finding Phil Lesh101 and The Stag's posts tiring but the complaint center is closed Mmmmmmmmkay!
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby TI4-1009 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 pm

willmusic wrote:Kids sure do say some silly shit sometimes. Lil scamps..

And feisty too! Godfreydanials, I remember those days, by cracky!

"62 years upon my head, to have you call me child...."
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby strumminsix » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Phil Lesh101 wrote:Lets get something straight here.
I started this because people were saying how Phil and Mike were so alike and that they are practically the same, and I'm here to tell you that statement was WRONG. Also

I think as you try to get things straight you go back and actually read....
Waldo said, " dude (Gordon) laid it down Lesh style"
vw said, "They kept showing close ups on his (Phil's) hands then when Gordon came in his hands (Gordon's) were doing the exact same things(as Phil's)"
Jeff said, "Mike Gordon just LOVES Phil and loves GD material and can nail that shit (Total unique Phil style)"

So, folks are saying that Gordon is paying homage to Lesh by copying him/his style.
strumminsix

Postby Lunchbox16 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Ugh... I'm going to feed the trolls too. I usually just ignore everything written by PhilLesh101/TheStag, but this is just too inane.

I love how PhilLesh101 is 14 and thinks he is the arbiter of everything Phil. No one else around here makes similar claims about anything, or if they do they tend to have supporting evidence. These kids provide just one hyperbolic, uninformed opinion after another. Saying that Gordon played in a Leshian style for one night (not necessarily all the time) when the point of the evening was to play Dead songs is entirely accurate. Read strummin''s post, as he summarizes the gist of the post perfectly. In fact, both of these kids would be much better served if they read, and more importantly, thought more before writing such myopic trash.

I love this forum for all the other folks that provide informed, intelligent discourse. Can the admins create a PhilLesh101/TheStag filter for those of us that want to permanently ignore them? That'd be great.

-----------

More on topic - I thoroughly enjoyed the Move Me Brightly concert. There were some really great versions of some awesome songs played. I was particularly taken by the Cardinals guitarist (can't remember his name) I believe he was playing a Les Paul. He played some really tasteful stuff.
"Is maith an scéalaí an aimsir." Time is a great storyteller. -- Irish Proverb
Lunchbox16
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Mr.Burns » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:59 pm

jeffm725 wrote:Did you know that what is (debatable)regarded as the best P+F shows ever were with Trey and Page of Phish as members? That lineup with Kimock and Molo , captured the ACTUAL GD spirit more than any lineup,even the highly regarded Quintet.

Damn right it's debatable. PLQ is highly regarded, and rightly so. If there is an instrument used to measure the levels of captured ACTUAL GD spirit(besides our ears), the one in question may need calibration.

"That's just, like, your opinion, man." -The Dude
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Thought I would post my opinion but I guess it's tabu to all the jerks on this site. Simply Mike Gordon is from Phish therefor he does not need to be talked about here on the Grateful Dead Forum end of story? Mm'kay
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
Phil Lesh101

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:17 am

Phil Lesh101 wrote:Thought I would post my opinion but I guess it's tabu to all the jerks on this site. Simply Mike Gordon is from Phish therefor he does not need to be talked about here on the Grateful Dead Forum end of story? Mm'kay

Have you ever considered the fact that you're simply just plain wrong? When Mike Gordon chooses to play in Phil's style, he is VERY, VERY good at it. Set aside your blind hatred of an extremely popular and successful band, and you could learn a few things.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 am

Some forums have your age right next to your handle/nick name. Not a bad idea!
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 am

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
Phil Lesh101 wrote:Thought I would post my opinion but I guess it's tabu to all the jerks on this site. Simply Mike Gordon is from Phish therefor he does not need to be talked about here on the Grateful Dead Forum end of story? Mm'kay

Have you ever considered the fact that you're simply just plain wrong? When Mike Gordon chooses to play in Phil's style, he is VERY, VERY good at it. Set aside your blind hatred of an extremely popular and successful band, and you could learn a few things.

You could possibly be right, my opinion on Phish is wrong. Makes perfect sense.

hippieguy1954 wrote:Some forums have your age right next to your handle/nick name. Not a bad idea!

I'm 14, now we don't need to have our age next our name. I am not scared to say that I am 14 and I'm not. afraid to state my opinion
Phil Lesh101

Postby strumminsix » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 am

Age is irrelevant. We all know young punks and old asses.

Just cuz I am old enough to have seen the Dead since 1990 didn't mean I did. In fact I didn't til 94 and in 94 only a few times since I had not clue that there were unique shows every night as all my previous experience was that bands toured to promote new albums! And I know I'm not unique with that.
strumminsix

Postby jeffm725 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:49 am

strumminsix wrote:Age is irrelevant. We all know young punks and old asses.

Just cuz I am old enough to have seen the Dead since 1990 didn't mean I did. In fact I didn't til 94 and in 94 only a few times since I had not clue that there were unique shows every night as all my previous experience was that bands toured to promote new albums! And I know I'm not unique with that.

Agreed on age thing strummin' , although I thought I knew it all when I was a teenager too (just like a lot of us). However, I know some pretty cool teens and some pretty dickish 65 year olds.

However the age thing is germane in this thread when troll is making blanket statements that Phish would be playing in basements still if Jerry didn't die. How could he say this without seeing Phish's growth first hand? On second thought he could, if he were interested in actually having an intelligent discussion on the topic. A 14 year old could tell by simply looking at venues played by Phish leading up to summer 1995. A simple 3 minute glance at those would tell him ( or it? are trolls gender specific?) just how fast Phish was climbing attendance-wise BEFORE Jerry's death. It is simply a combative,uniformed, troll statement on his part.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:35 pm

All I was trying to say was that Phish's crowd grew rapidly after Jerry's death.
Phil Lesh101

Postby The Stag » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 pm

hippieguy1954 wrote:Some forums have your age right next to your handle/nick name. Not a bad idea!

What a splendin idea sir your just full of ideas aren't you? Hahah mmmkay anyway I was just posting opinion no need to throw a fit since your a bunch of "grown men" as I assume you are since you reffering to us as simple teens you are the one acting like little kids just chill out if you don't agree sorry mmmmmkayy
Dan Jr
The Stag
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby vwjodyme » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:37 am

:lol: this thread took an odd turn awhile back

remember when they (stag/101) got koonsed cause we weren't sure if they were real :lol:
vwjodyme

Postby strumminsix » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:46 am

vwjodyme wrote::lol: this thread took an odd turn awhile back

remember when they (stag/101) got koonsed cause we weren't sure if they were real :lol:

I didn't Koons them, I speculated they were the same person, asked and emailed them, didn't hear back. They posted a similar writing style, seemed to have 1 on 1 with one another, and posted from the same IP address on multiple occasions. I wish I had waited longer before calling out my theory on that but the facts were there and this is my donated time and the real world calls....

Phil Lesh101 wrote:All I was trying to say was that Phish's crowd grew rapidly after Jerry's death.

Incorrect, I was there. Phish was on the rise in the early 90s. They were putting out fantastic shows night after night. At the same time the Dead were becoming hit or miss. An old timer I knew said, "it started when they'd be hit or miss for a song or set, then it'd be hit or miss for a show or string of shows!" That's my perception as well. I know plenty of folks who were on the bus with the Dead in the early 90s who before Jerry's death would see a few Dead shows a year but then toured with Phish. They all said how Phish shows were mind blowing night after night and the Dead was like chasing the dragon.

So that's correlation not causation. Big difference.

I'm sure casual Phish fan who toured with the Dead saw a few extra shows on a leg. And that dealers hung out in the lot and that the tourers (not fans of the band as much as the road) all saw more shows but I don't think they are all that significant.
strumminsix

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else