SOCO Guitars - anyone heard of thm?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

SOCO Guitars - anyone heard of thm?

Postby tcsned » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:35 am

I have a buddy who found this guy on eBay - he makes some pretty reasonable Strat ans Tele copies. Anyone out there ever play one?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/billirwin/m.html?_uhb=1&hash=item27c8dd07b4&item=170873653172&pt=Guitar&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

http://www.sococustom.com/contact.html
tcsned

Re: SOCO Guitars - anyone heard of thm?

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 am

I can't get a feel from him. He uses alot of Mighty Mite necks (which many do as they start up their business) and alot of Fender parts and bodies (again common).

But I don't see what's custom about his place? Maybe his assembly and setup is top notch? That'd be my best guess as what he offers.

And honestly, the setup is key. I folks play on shitty setup guitars all the time. And it's even worse when they play on shitty setup guitars they paid thousands custom for.
strumminsix

Postby tcsned » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:05 am

Yeah, that was my thought - he's got some interesting set ups, a buddy was thinking about it since they are so inexpensive.

I would be summarily executed if I brought home another guitar :-)
tcsned

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:18 am

tcsned wrote:Yeah, that was my thought - he's got some interesting set ups, a buddy was thinking about it since they are so inexpensive.

I would be summarily executed if I brought home another guitar :-)

LOL! My wife rolled her eyes as I did exactly that last week. Well, they rolled from the new guitar to the stack of stuff in the selling staging area.

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to check them out if I lived close to the guy to see his setup work.
strumminsix

Postby guido » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 am

I don't get why somebody would go this route. They put together guitars to look like Fenders, they come in Fender gig bags.....why not just by a Fender?
one man gathers what another man spills....
guido
Rosebud
Rosebud

Return to Everything Else