Tattoo artwork

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Tattoo artwork

Postby broesau » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm looking for help designing a tatoo. I want to get a SYF that spells my daughters name's on either side of the lightening bolt. Their names are Lyla & Vivi and I know there is a way to work that into the lines of either side of the bolt, but I just can't get it right. Any talented folks on here that can help me with the design? I don't have any tattoos, but I've decided that if there is anything I want on my body for eternity that is it. Thanks.
broesau
Terrapin
Terrapin

Re: Tattoo artwork

Postby Gr8fulGreg » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Building guitars i cant help much.... Playing the guitar i cant really help much.... Getting a good tattoo now thats something i can do.... I will start with tattoo basics... Go to a credible shop use Yelp it should help... I am not going to lie SPEND THE MONEY... (if you do it for your guitar do it for something that will be on your body FOREVER) get to know the artist look at there portfolio... IF THEY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HOW ITS NOT DONE OR DONT HAVE ONE YOU LEAVE RIGHT AWAY... next just ask them to draw it up for you bring in pics of SYF's and they should be able to put all your pieces together and if it is not something you like MAKE THEM RE DRAW IT... if you are in NY or CA i can point you to a shop that will do you right other than that best of luck dont be scared it doesnt hurt
...More then my maker but he's no friend of mine
Gr8fulGreg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby Jimaroe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 pm

broesau wrote:I'm looking for help designing a tatoo. I want to get a SYF that spells my daughters name's on either side of the lightening bolt. Their names are Lyla & Vivi and I know there is a way to work that into the lines of either side of the bolt, but I just can't get it right. Any talented folks on here that can help me with the design? I don't have any tattoos, but I've decided that if there is anything I want on my body for eternity that is it. Thanks.

Really cool idea! :cool:
Jimaroe
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby broesau » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:29 am

Thanks for the info. I'm not in a huge hurry to get it done because I want it to be "just exactly perfect".
broesau
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby strumminsix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:47 am

I'm no expert but as with many things like this really shop around your work and listen to the feedback of the tattooist. There are some things that do not translate properly from paper to skin and you should really consider that feedback which should come with an alternative.
strumminsix

Return to Everything Else