The Deal that should never have gone down

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

The Deal that should never have gone down

Postby KCJones » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:25 am

A sad, unbelievable, but very true story. The Schwag, and James Tebeau is also the bassist for the JGB Band. Camp Zoe and the festivals there where such a beautiful thing. Unreal this can happen in America.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/113585.html#.T9nk70D9rv0.facebook

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/owner-of-missouri-campground-that-hosted-schwagstock-pleads-guilty/article_3b7ef3c4-b4b4-11e1-ac9b-001a4bcf6878.html
Last edited by KCJones on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
KCJones
Billy
Billy

Location: Kansas City, MO via Buffalo NY, San Diego CA, San Jose CA and Wash DC

Re: The Deal that should never have gone down

Postby paulinnc » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 am

After reading that, I wonder if the property owners where Bonnaroo takes place could face a similar situation.
paulinnc

Postby Emoto » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 am

Keep voting for big government politicians and the war on drugs will continue. Only Ron Paul and Gary Johnson both republicans by the way (although Johnson eventually gave up and went libertarian party) have called for legalization and an end to the war on drugs and all of its constitutional abuses.
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby strumminsix » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:55 am

I blame the laws not the enforcers. It's shitty but folks need to start voting their outrage.
strumminsix

Postby deadguise » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Did they waterboard Mr. Tebeau to force a confession?
They got what they wanted...his land!
deadguise

Postby Staemius » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Makes me sick - hang in there James.
Staemius
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:26 am

Emoto wrote:Keep voting for big government politicians and the war on drugs will continue. Only Ron Paul and Gary Johnson both republicans by the way (although Johnson eventually gave up and went libertarian party) have called for legalization and an end to the war on drugs and all of its constitutional abuses.

dude... please don't talk politics, just like the Dead supporting Obama (major bummer)... not everyone agrees with you.

as far as the story at hand, same government meddling that's been going on in full force for at least the last half-century. we live in a crazy world.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby gpilcher2001 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:39 pm

Regardless major abuse of a citizen in this great nation we live in. Doesn't matter what your beliefs are. I just hope the men and women who have died for our freedom did so for a just society. Complacency and a basically neutral masses has allowed these things to come this far. I'm sure our fore fathers are rolling in there graves. Everyday we are fed a bunch of fear and that my friends is how they feel they can control is. Such a pity! It is through voice and getting behind something you can believe in that formed this country. Police and the agents that regulate are the biggest gangsters of them all. Fear, fear, fear.......! :cool: :cool: :cool:
good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor.....
gpilcher2001
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:01 pm

well, i think it's worth noting that, from a historical standpoint, no economic or political system has ever "worked" indefinitely. the founding fathers' principles are still largely in place as viewed through a modern lens. the difference now is not as much difference in laws as it is in people and their lifestyles and choices, IMO.

america's been successful in a lot of ways, but just like everyone else, we've got some major skeletons in the closet (an apt idiom for this forum :lol:) that we really haven't been come to terms with (case in point: the hyper-nationalistic attitude that "america is #1 and don't you dare speak a word against it"). this is the same kind of thing that's been happening here in the US for many years now, it's not really a recent shift. in fact, this is pretty watered down compared to the atrocities that have been happening here for the last 300-odd years.

i guess i just don't really get the shock and disbelief at its occurrence. yeah, it's horrible shit. but you ought not be surprised that it's happening in america -- brutality is as much a part of our legacy as is landing on the moon and stopping hitler.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Emoto » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:21 pm

wolftigerrosebud wrote:
Emoto wrote:Keep voting for big government politicians and the war on drugs will continue. Only Ron Paul and Gary Johnson both republicans by the way (although Johnson eventually gave up and went libertarian party) have called for legalization and an end to the war on drugs and all of its constitutional abuses.

dude... please don't talk politics, just like the Dead supporting Obama (major bummer)... not everyone agrees with you.

as far as the story at hand, same government meddling that's been going on in full force for at least the last half-century. we live in a crazy world.

You're right, nobody always agrees with everyone. I don't want or mean to talk politics, but "though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few." Government is force, pure and simple. The more power it has, the more likely it is to be used against you. "Their motto is don't tread on me" and those words still ring true. Ok, I'm done. :oops: :P
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:06 pm

i feel you dude. still, if your message had been just a warning i wouldn't have cared. it was also unsolicited political promotion. :-) i don't really mind though man, it just made me a bit uncomfortable at the time since i also have strong opinions about some of the presidential candidates and i virtually always stay away from online political conversation... i just don't come here to get political.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby WildEye » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:44 pm

While my politics jive (I assume) with most everyone on this board, I still think that music and politics should be like church and state (or how there are supposed to be at least)
WildEye
Mickey
Mickey

Return to Everything Else