OK, there's a bar we play 3 or 4 times a year and the last three times I've played there I've been betting electrocuted by the mic. It doesn't happen anywhere else I play. I'm trying to figure out what the f*** is going on before my next date with the executioner.
Here's my evidence so far.
- I only remembering this happening since I got my guitar with the UGB/OBEL - this seems like a prime candidate (but hasn't happened at any other place I've played)
- I've got a Korg rack tuner with a ground plug snapped off (it's run out of my Lexicon and not in the signal path but electrically connected.
- My power supply has a replaced plug (I did it, but it's wired correctly)
- I use a wall wart power supply for my Mutron
- then a SMS CTP to a Mosvalve
- both the vocal mic and the amp mic are condenser mics
The club was built in the 40s-50s and is about what you'd expect for a place that age - fresh paint is probably all that's holding it up. It has grounded plugs - but I can't guarantee that it actually is connected to ground.
I had another guitar but didn't test it out, the gig was a little chaotic and I wasn't thrilled about testing that theory by shocking myself again
it didn't seem like it was gonna kill me but it was more intense this past weekend than I remembered. Like I said, it's only happened at this bar . . .
Any clues anyone?
Barbecued in Blacksburg