In Tune Recordings of Shows?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

In Tune Recordings of Shows?

Postby Cmnaround » Wed May 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Any recommendations for downloadable shows on etree torrent or the archive that are in tune for playing along with? I like bit torrent to get SBDs - at the right speed so it is in 440. A lot of shows are a half step flat or sharp due to the recording speed.
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Re: In Tune Recordings of Shows?

Postby Pete B. » Wed May 02, 2012 6:42 pm

I find that straight-up A440 works for most of the commercially available Dead/JGB DVD's.
They are usually very close to straight up in my expieience.
Sometimes if it is a little off I tune my high E (or whatever note is convienient) to be in tune with the band, then see where that is in the tuner, and tune all strings to that.
I play along with streaming Archive shows all the time.
Have fun!
Pete B.

Postby Poor Peter » Wed May 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Look for torrents that have pitch correction or pitch control. Almost all of Charlie Millers torrents on the etree site have a note somewhere on them that says, "thanks to Joe Blow for his help with pitch correction." I don't really know how close they are because I rarely try to pick stuff off of recordings anymore, but it should be a good place to start.
Poor Peter
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:31 am

I don't play along that much these days, but when I did I would just tune to what I'm playing along with. No big deal! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sat May 05, 2012 5:07 am

yeah it actually wouldn't be bad ear training to have to tune by ear to a recording of music, if it's a half step or less. i've found that the more i tune by ear, the faster and more accurate i am at it. possible bright side.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Return to Everything Else