A Dream gig for me....(Dylan Content)

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

A Dream gig for me....(Dylan Content)

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:41 am

The stars lined up on this one, and short of Jerry making a reappearance I cant personally think of a better lineup (for who I am personally and what I grew up loving)....

Anyway, for Bob Dylan's Birthday (its May 24th but the gig will be on May 23rd at Stella's Blues) we will be doing a one-off band and a Night of Dylan tunes.

What I am excited about is that the Bass player for this one is Rob Stoner, who was Bob Dylan's bass player AND Musical director through the legendary Rolling Thunder tours in 75-76, the bass player on the Album "Desire", and the bass player and Musical director for the 1978 tour (think "Live at Budokan").
(sorry Dan :oops: ,I still feel terrible, but you ARE Coming and WILL play some :smile: )

As if that wasn't enough (Full lineup):

Rob Stoner - (Bob Dylan/Rolling thunder Revue) - Bass
Scott Murawski - (Mike Gordon band, Max Creek) - Guitar
Bill Carbone - (Melvin Sparks, Max Creek) - Drums
Jordan Giangreco - (The Breakfast, Viral Sound) - Keys
and
"Me"

Every time I see that lineup I feel like I am a trivia answer to "Which doesn't belong and why" - :lol:

Point of posting here, (besides just flat out excitement) is that would love some rukinders there (not for draw, small room and it is expected to sell out), but thought it would cool to have some there, so if anyone is interested, PM and I will make arrangements.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Re: A Dream gig for me....(Dylan Content)

Postby tapestry » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:54 am

Wow! Great news! I wish I could come to this!
tapestry
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 am

Stella's is going to be wedged, man! :lol: I hope it's built sturdy or your crowd will spill through the walls!

And you definitely belong! :cool: Rob should play all the bass though... you really don't need THREE guitars to play Dylan!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby strumminsix » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

That is awesome, congrats!!!
Rusty the Scoob wrote: you really don't need THREE guitars to play Dylan!

I seem to recall Dylan usually have 3+ guitars with him. He did at least the couple times I've seen him.
strumminsix

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Stella's is going to be wedged, man! :lol: I hope it's built sturdy or your crowd will spill through the walls!

And you definitely belong! :cool: Rob should play all the bass though... you really don't need THREE guitars to play Dylan!

Ha! But there wouldnt be three guitars, Rob jumps to my rig and I maybe do something like this (Bob didn't need no stinkin' axe, neither do I, haha!):
(Stoner's bass line blows me away on this version)

.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:16 pm

You totally deserve to be there Jeff! You wouldn't be if you didn't, if that makes sense. Sounds like FUN, wish I lived a little closer to the North East action! We had a similar thing happen here with us too, we have been invited to an awesome theater gig at the end of May. It was a good Friday! :smile:
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby mttourpro » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Congrats! Wish I could check you out. That line-up looks like a great show ready to happen.

Have a Blast!
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby easytoslip » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:43 am

congrats, Jeff! was going to try to make this but it's a Wednesday! have a great night :smile:
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby easytoslip » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:26 am

hey, can you video a full set of this gig, like you did with Toads/sd
pretty sure I can't get the night off work and I'd love to see and hear it. bigtime.
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby easytoslip » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:30 am

it's a great lineup and I dig how you perform dylan tunes. don't know stoner, but you, murawski, and jordan g have been three of my favorite musicians for quite some time. personally, i find keys to be my least favorite of a four-instrument-type band (guitar>drums>bass>keys are order of preference for playing, hearing), but a band with two guitarists that have different-ish styles, ear for tone, and can sing better than half the country, along with a keys player I actually enjoy hearing, who can ALSO sing, good poo. alright enough ass kissing. on with your days, people!
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Return to Everything Else