LSD a cure for alcoholism

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby Mr.Burns » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Can you pass the acid test? :-)

This wasn't just a clever tagline, it was a serious question posed to the attendees of possibly the last great culture shaping phenomenon of American history. Not everyone could, it seems. And if you couldn't, well, that's that.

I don't take LSD anymore, but not because I feel like I can't or I shouldn't. I'm a firm believer that just like the rest of your waking hours, anything is possible when under the effects of LSD. I didn't find it to be impairing in any way, it just requires that you have full command of your senses despite the distractions. I do not recommend driving or operating heavy equipment, but an acid test graduate(or someone with an equivalency) could handle this sort of thing no problem.

My point is, the type of folks who could pass the acid test most likely would not have a preclusion to alcoholism, due to the high command of faculties required to "make the grade". I'm sure someone on here knows or has heard of someone who can disprove this theory, and if so, I'm anxious to hear it.
Image
User avatar
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Far out, man.

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby Mr.Burns » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:49 pm

easytoslip wrote: by dropping hits of acid the risk is very very real and very very high, correct me if I'm wrong on that one.


Consider yourself corrected. :-)
Image
User avatar
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Far out, man.

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby Stevo123 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:04 pm

This is where this thread takes me: Each person is genetically half their mother and half their father. Add in the effects that their upbringing in society will instill in them, habits, behaviors, wounds, ways of thinking or being. Then add thirty years of life experience. Each individual has a highly colorful, complex, unique history.

Secondly, consider a person's tendencies toward mental wellness or mental unwellness.


The way you wrote this makes it sound like they are two separate things; though I would say that they are directly related.

There is very little of the "nature vs. nurture" debate to be had these days; the research is very clear - that "nurture" wins the game in human psychology. There is barely such a thing as a static "human nature" except for whatever hardwired reflexes we have; we're a product of our environment, and in particular, our psychological disposition is primarily determined by our very early life experiences and our relationships with our parents. And parents in general do such a terrible job (it's pretty telling that something like 90% of parents are still hitting their kids) that it's worthwhile for anyone and everyone to explore as the first place to look to as a source of any dysfunction they might be struggling with in their own lives.
Stevo123
Mickey
Mickey
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Octal wrote:
wolftigerrosebud wrote:This brought one thing to mind: life is only available to us in the present moment.

That's Stella.

What is and isn't "Stella Blue" deserves its own thread.


LOL quoted for truth
User avatar
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 am

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:41 pm

Also, like i mentioned before, i've taken high doses of 1000+ mics before, more than once, and have retained surprising control of myself.

not that i'd recommend this to anyone, but i drove over 150 miles before while tripping, and i was driving quite safely. in fact, both my passenger and myself perceived me to be driving as safely if not more attentively and safely than i would sober.

that being said, i'm a drug addict. addiction/alcoholism (same brain disease, different names) have no relation to willpower. it is, in a literal sense, just one little synaptic passageway that fails to snap back. nothing more. whether you could pass the acid test or not has nothing to do with alcoholism.

shit, do you think jerry failed the acid test? cuz he was definitely, a million times over, an addict through and through. he'd be the dope fiend panhandling for change if it weren't for the dead.

addiction strikes anyone and everyone. geniuses like jerry, schmucks and idiots, people with great willpower and people with no willpower. the connection between the two is an illusion. addiction itself is a literally physical brain illness. the effects of it range into the emotional and spiritual, but the corroboration between addiction and other mental faculties is a fallacy.
User avatar
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 am

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:35 am

LSD is a wonderful thing. Especially and usually only when all surroundings and peripherals are conducive to happiness and feelings of being safe and you don't have any major problems in your life lingering in the back of your mind. It can help you evolve to a certain extent and see things in a new light that you might have never seen or realized.

I've dosed on and off for many years, including huge doses that force you to sit in bliss. I haven't had the urge for a couple of years now and who knows, maybe I'll never dose again.

I'm sure everyone in this discussion has seen a person or a friend having a "bad trip" or a "bad time" or has experienced it yourself. I have (only one time thank goodness!). It's a very fine line you walk when tripping and if all is not good in your mind to start with, it is very easy to have a "bad trip".

That being said, LSD is not a cure for alcoholism or anything else. For me, a couple of beers can even be a nice cussion during a dose lol.

It is a fun and recreational tool that chemically alters your mind in a way that can sometimes aid in dealing with certain hidden physiological problems such as additive personality, but far from a cure. A door openner at most. Sometimes the door it opens is the one into the room with the sign that says "don't take it anymore" :lol:
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Image
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby easytoslip » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 am

Stevo123 wrote:There is very little of the "nature vs. nurture" debate to be had these days; the research is very clear - that "nurture" wins the game in human psychology.


seriously? not where I hang out. scientists that study genetics would strongly debate that.
User avatar
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:54 am

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby easytoslip » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:38 am

Mr.Burns wrote:
easytoslip wrote: by dropping hits of acid the risk is very very real and very very high, correct me if I'm wrong on that one.


Consider yourself corrected. :-)


I don't know, your side of the debate simply says 'he who is strongest wins'. My side of the debate is much more involved than simply being able to fight your way through something. At some point, the physical body is not able to win. If you have gotten to that point where you surrender to that fact, there lies your path to spirituality. Your argument is all body. I'm talking about body, mind, spirit, emotion, many different facets. So, nice try, but I'm not convinced.

hippieguy1954 wrote: Sometimes the door it opens is the one into the room with the sign that says "don't take it anymore"

agreed. I definitely think each person will have different time frames to getting there, and I'm curious what kind of lives people lead, ones that have not reached this point and are 50 or 60 years old. I wonder if they were among the 45 year old men still living with their mothers? and how many of them spent time on and off in psych wards? saying you can muscle through something like LSD just doesn't make sense to me. The whole point is to lose your mind in it, why would you try to maintain your mind while taking it?

I mean, I'm a part of a few different communities of people, the majority of which are anti drug and lead really dynamic healthy lives for the most part. The Dead communities obviously are more ok with drug use, but what is the deciding factor that makes the Deadheads' lives successful? That they are having fun? possibly. health can be directly related to fun and happiness, but I believe there comes a point where a person needs more than that simple ease in life, that challenges actually make life more interesting and make a person happier on a deeper, more fulfilling level. Drug use is easy, and some might say an escape from challenges in life.
User avatar
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:54 am

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:37 am

easytoslip wrote:
Mr.Burns wrote:
easytoslip wrote: by dropping hits of acid the risk is very very real and very very high, correct me if I'm wrong on that one.


Consider yourself corrected. :-)


I don't know, your side of the debate simply says 'he who is strongest wins'. My side of the debate is much more involved than simply being able to fight your way through something. At some point, the physical body is not able to win. If you have gotten to that point where you surrender to that fact, there lies your path to spirituality. Your argument is all body. I'm talking about body, mind, spirit, emotion, many different facets. So, nice try, but I'm not convinced.

hippieguy1954 wrote: Sometimes the door it opens is the one into the room with the sign that says "don't take it anymore"

agreed. I definitely think each person will have different time frames to getting there, and I'm curious what kind of lives people lead, ones that have not reached this point and are 50 or 60 years old. I wonder if they were among the 45 year old men still living with their mothers? and how many of them spent time on and off in psych wards? saying you can muscle through something like LSD just doesn't make sense to me. The whole point is to lose your mind in it, why would you try to maintain your mind while taking it?

I mean, I'm a part of a few different communities of people, the majority of which are anti drug and lead really dynamic healthy lives for the most part. The Dead communities obviously are more ok with drug use, but what is the deciding factor that makes the Deadheads' lives successful? That they are having fun? possibly. health can be directly related to fun and happiness, but I believe there comes a point where a person needs more than that simple ease in life, that challenges actually make life more interesting and make a person happier on a deeper, more fulfilling level. Drug use is easy, and some might say an escape from challenges in life.


I'm 57 and I've been my 93 yr. old bed ridden Mother's primary care giver for almost 1.5 yrs sense she had me take her out of a nursing home and move her into my home because she didn't want to be in a nursing home. My point is, I don't think it matters who lives with whom. In these days of economic turmoil, (and even if there was not economic turmoil), I've seen quite a few situations where an older man lives with his mother and they both benefit greatly i.e. she gets cheap help and he gets a cheap place to sleep etc.. Everyone’s situation is different. No one should be discriminated upon because of that.

True, there have been many people who have taken one dose of LSD, and have never been the same and are still in a psych ward. In most cases, they and or their friends should have known better. Back to the point I made in my last post about being in the right state of mind before even thinking about taking it.

I would never recommend it to anyone. It is something you have to want. Not just to “get high”, but to explore. If you’re not sure and you’re just going to do it because a friend does or something like that, you could be in for a big surprise you will regret.

Also, even someone who is not at risk and is experienced with LSD might have to muscle through the first part of a trip sometimes. Only that person can determine why or if it is worth it or just don’t do it anymore.

Yes, “drug” use is easy until you become an addict.

Fact: Marijuana is not physically addictive, but can have long term effects. Good ones in my opinion. If everyone smoked Marijuana, there would be a lot less motivation to be rich and greedy. It should be legal and not grouped with ther others.

Fact: LSD is not physically addictive, but can have long term effects. Some good, some not so good depending on the person.

All the other so called “recreational drugs” cocaine, heroin, morphine, alcohol etc. are very physically addictive and ruin people’s lives and kill them.

What do you consider ”successful”?

Some see it as having a good/easy job and lots of money and lots of material objects like houses and boats. They usually have problems of all sorts, because they have a pseudo happiness that inevitably does not do the trick.

Some, such as me, see it as being happy not to be mainstream, work hard, being happy with the self, content with less, not part of the rat race, just comfortable, eat small but healthy, be clean and able to smoke weed and play music.

Real happiness comes from inside you. It is being content with yourself. You can’t buy it (although some try). :smile: :smile: :smile:
Image
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:13 am

hippieguy1954 wrote:True, there have been many people who have taken one dose of LSD, and have never been the same and are still in a psych ward. In most cases, they and or their friends should have known better. Back to the point I made in my last post about being in the right state of mind before even thinking about taking it.

I would never recommend it to anyone. It is something you have to want. Not just to “get high”, but to explore. If you’re not sure and you’re just going to do it because a friend does or something like that, you could be in for a big surprise you will regret.

Also, even someone who is not at risk and is experienced with LSD might have to muscle through the first part of a trip sometimes. Only that person can determine why or if it is worth it or just don’t do it anymore.

Yes, “drug” use is easy until you become an addict.

Fact: Marijuana is not physically addictive, but can have long term effects. Good ones in my opinion. If everyone smoked Marijuana, there would be a lot less motivation to be rich and greedy. It should be legal and not grouped with ther others.

Fact: LSD is not physically addictive, but can have long term effects. Some good, some not so good depending on the person.

All the other so called “recreational drugs” cocaine, heroin, morphine, alcohol etc. are very physically addictive and ruin people’s lives and kill them.

What do you consider ”successful”?

Some see it as having a good/easy job and lots of money and lots of material objects like houses and boats. They usually have problems of all sorts, because they have a pseudo happiness that inevitably does not do the trick.

Some, such as me, see it as being happy not to be mainstream, work hard, being happy with the self, content with less, not part of the rat race, just comfortable, eat small but healthy, be clean and able to smoke weed and play music.

Real happiness comes from inside you. It is being content with yourself. You can’t buy it (although some try). :smile: :smile: :smile:


I like a lot of what you're saying, Hippie, and maybe the biggest part is that you're taking care of your mom. That takes a real man. A real strong human being, regardless of gender. And it's inspiring to hear.

I take issue with the two bolded statements in the quoted post. The first is simply this: how could they or their friends have known about a predisposition to psychosis or about how the acid will effect them before they've ever taken it? That seems kind of impossible. A guy who's very close to my heart took Adderall once, and it sent him into a drug-induced psychosis from which he's never fully recovered. After 7 years of struggling, he's finally found meds that prevent the voices and delusions from coming through without making him sleep 18 hours a day. He had no idea that would happen. He took it in what's considered a safe dose, and it was for studying. Is he to blame? Are the people who flip out after taking a normal dose of acid to blame? That seems like a view that requires more compassion to be balanced, in my opinion. Perhaps I've misunderstood what you meant -- if so, please correct me.

Also, there's been studies that have shown that pot is mildly physically addictive, and whether it's physically addictive or emotionally addictive, it's for sure addictive. You're a deadhead. You've never met people who are honest to goodness pot addicts? I sure have, even away from the Dead scene. People can be and are currently addicted to pot. Often pot alone. It's a popular way of justifying drug use (also, what's with putting "drug" in "drug use" in quotations? Do you disagree that drugs are... drugs? That doesn't make sense) to quote outdated, narrow studies that put forth the proposition that pot isn't physically addictive. It doesn't mean it's not addictive. And addiction, the brain disease, is the only lasting problem for addicts. If it weren't that way, people would get dopesick once and never go back to using heroin. It's in their minds. Cocaine isn't physically addictive, right? Lack of physical dependency doesn't mean a thing.

As for positive effects, I totally disagree about it making people less greedy. It makes people more greedy and more self-centered and self-involved. If you're getting less greedy, that's because of your personal choices. And that's great. But the fact of the matter is that anyone making positive choices while getting high is doing that at a certain disadvantage -- drugs make people far, far more prone to delusion and self-involved dialogues and disconnection from reality. It's all about the person using them. Saying that pot use would make the world a better place is silly. It's a blanket statement that doesn't take any personal subtleties into account. And it has huge negative effects.

Now, using the herbs and entheogens as sacraments, doing them (including pot) once in a while, is the only successful way to go about self-exploration using those drugs. It's the only way to go about drug use without reaping negative consequences, whether the person using recognizes the negative consequences or not. Smoking pot every day is really unhealthy. I've seen so many friends get really weird, really self-involved and stupid from smoking pot every day. Smoking it like once a week or something is a different story. Daily drug use of any kind becomes destructive, without fail. That's what I've seen, and I've seen a lot of it.
User avatar
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 am

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:46 am

wolftigerrosebud wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:True, there have been many people who have taken one dose of LSD, and have never been the same and are still in a psych ward. In most cases, they and or their friends should have known better. Back to the point I made in my last post about being in the right state of mind before even thinking about taking it.

I would never recommend it to anyone. It is something you have to want. Not just to “get high”, but to explore. If you’re not sure and you’re just going to do it because a friend does or something like that, you could be in for a big surprise you will regret.

Also, even someone who is not at risk and is experienced with LSD might have to muscle through the first part of a trip sometimes. Only that person can determine why or if it is worth it or just don’t do it anymore.

Yes, “drug” use is easy until you become an addict.

Fact: Marijuana is not physically addictive, but can have long term effects. Good ones in my opinion. If everyone smoked Marijuana, there would be a lot less motivation to be rich and greedy. It should be legal and not grouped with ther others.

Fact: LSD is not physically addictive, but can have long term effects. Some good, some not so good depending on the person.

All the other so called “recreational drugs” cocaine, heroin, morphine, alcohol etc. are very physically addictive and ruin people’s lives and kill them.

What do you consider ”successful”?

Some see it as having a good/easy job and lots of money and lots of material objects like houses and boats. They usually have problems of all sorts, because they have a pseudo happiness that inevitably does not do the trick.

Some, such as me, see it as being happy not to be mainstream, work hard, being happy with the self, content with less, not part of the rat race, just comfortable, eat small but healthy, be clean and able to smoke weed and play music.

Real happiness comes from inside you. It is being content with yourself. You can’t buy it (although some try). :smile: :smile: :smile:


I like a lot of what you're saying, Hippie, and maybe the biggest part is that you're taking care of your mom. That takes a real man. A real strong human being, regardless of gender. And it's inspiring to hear.

I take issue with the two bolded statements in the quoted post. The first is simply this: how could they or their friends have known about a predisposition to psychosis or about how the acid will effect them before they've ever taken it? That seems kind of impossible. A guy who's very close to my heart took Adderall once, and it sent him into a drug-induced psychosis from which he's never fully recovered. After 7 years of struggling, he's finally found meds that prevent the voices and delusions from coming through without making him sleep 18 hours a day. He had no idea that would happen. He took it in what's considered a safe dose, and it was for studying. Is he to blame? Are the people who flip out after taking a normal dose of acid to blame? That seems like a view that requires more compassion to be balanced, in my opinion. Perhaps I've misunderstood what you meant -- if so, please correct me.

Also, there's been studies that have shown that pot is mildly physically addictive, and whether it's physically addictive or emotionally addictive, it's for sure addictive. You're a deadhead. You've never met people who are honest to goodness pot addicts? I sure have, even away from the Dead scene. People can be and are currently addicted to pot. Often pot alone. It's a popular way of justifying drug use (also, what's with putting "drug" in "drug use" in quotations? Do you disagree that drugs are... drugs? That doesn't make sense) to quote outdated, narrow studies that put forth the proposition that pot isn't physically addictive. It doesn't mean it's not addictive. And addiction, the brain disease, is the only lasting problem for addicts. If it weren't that way, people would get dopesick once and never go back to using heroin. It's in their minds. Cocaine isn't physically addictive, right? Lack of physical dependency doesn't mean a thing.

As for positive effects, I totally disagree about it making people less greedy. It makes people more greedy and more self-centered and self-involved. If you're getting less greedy, that's because of your personal choices. And that's great. But the fact of the matter is that anyone making positive choices while getting high is doing that at a certain disadvantage -- drugs make people far, far more prone to delusion and self-involved dialogues and disconnection from reality. It's all about the person using them. Saying that pot use would make the world a better place is silly. It's a blanket statement that doesn't take any personal subtleties into account. And it has huge negative effects.

Now, using the herbs and entheogens as sacraments, doing them (including pot) once in a while, is the only successful way to go about self-exploration using those drugs. It's the only way to go about drug use without reaping negative consequences, whether the person using recognizes the negative consequences or not. Smoking pot every day is really unhealthy. I've seen so many friends get really weird, really self-involved and stupid from smoking pot every day. Smoking it like once a week or something is a different story. Daily drug use of any kind becomes destructive, without fail. That's what I've seen, and I've seen a lot of it.


Thanks for the compliment about my Mother. I like and agree with most of what you say as well. This is a very complex discussion and is getting very deep and it is hard to keep going without speaking person to person.

Anyway, I have personally noticed for years that people are not as motivated to be greedy or anything else, if they smoke weed. Yes, maybe self-indulged to an extent, but always less motivated. It really depends on the individual and if they are doing other drugs such as cocaine that has huge negitive affects. I smoke every day after all work and obligations are taken care of and have no problems. I strongly respect your opinion very much, but have to disagree about my statement being silly. There are hundreds of thousands that agree with me. Doesn't make either one of us right or wrong. Further discussion by everyone in the world as well as history will be the judge.

LSD, on the other hand, should only be used on the rare occasion.

All the other recreational drugs should not be used at all, ever. Yes, cocaine is physically addictive as well as a horrible drug. Crack is cocaine. It’s the most concentrated form and the most physically and psychologically addictive.

About, predisposition to psychosis or about how the acid will affect them before they've ever taken it? I totally agree, but there are sometimes indications.
I've known several people, who wanted to try LSD, who I knew shouldn't. I advised, but they did anyway and it was bad.
I also kinda knew ahead of time (that one bad time I had), that I shouldn't and was stupid and paid the price.

The situation with your friend and Adderall is odd to me and I feel for him. Adderall is amphetamine salt. Pure speed. I know because a therapist tried to have my son take it for ADHD and I did some research.

I'm sure this is not the end of this discussion and I always love to hear good honest opinions, like yours! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Image
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks man. Really grateful you're making such an effort to be kind in your responses. It makes discussing these very difficult issues and understanding each other much easier.

About smoking pot every day: I've never personally met anyone who can smoke every day only after their work and obligations are taken care of and not reap some negative consequences from it. That's not to say there aren't positive ones, too. Nevertheless, that's just my experience, and, as I've said, I've known quite a lot of drug users.

That being said, I've met very few people on this planet of nearly 7 billion, and you know yourself and your experiences better than anyone else; I think there's room for both our experiences to be true, I agree.

I feel that all the positive consciousness-expanding effects of pot and LSD and other psychedelics can be achieved without taking a pill or smoking anything. Meditation is a powerful tool, and not only does it take people to those places; it also lets them stay there. That's because true meditation (not just spacing out and relaxing, which is pleasant but still not "true" meditation) is a helluva lot of work. It takes years. People spend their lifetimes doing it. It's harder than using drugs in every way, and once someone has experienced the effects of hard work on themselves without the use of drugs, it makes the drug experiences seem like cold, dead imitations of the real thing. True awareness and consciousness that's brought on organically and without the constant use of drugs is just qualitatively different. It's like everything about it is bigger and brighter and more real and vivid. I propose that LSD and pot are useful for showing us that the doors are there and perhaps granting us a peek inside. I don't feel they're effective at keeping the door open on a daily basis -- one only finds a shallow and ultimately unsatisfying imitation, as I've said.

It's like the Ram Dass camp vs. the Leary camp.

Also, cocaine is not physically addictive. That's a fact. I urge you to look it up -- any reliable scientific source will corroborate that statement. It is powerfully mentally addictive: proof that "psychological addiction" can be just as destructive as "physical addiction". Really, I think physical and psychological dependence are more appropriate terms. I think of addiction as the physical brain disease, not dependence on a drug.

The only way in which cocaine is physically addictive is the same way that all drugs, physical-dependence inducing ones or not (which includes pot), are physically addictive: they are physically addictive in the brain.

My friend's situation with the Adderall is virtually the same as all other drug-induced psychosis, sadly. Same as people who take one mushroom trip or acid trip and don't come back. It's rare, but there were no warning signs beforehand. I wish there had been. I guess I'm not talking about avoiding bad trips. I'm talking brain chemistry; people who should never use psychedelics, ever. And, for them, there's no way to tell until they try it, and then it's too late.
User avatar
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 am

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Hey man, you are very welcome and I thank you for your kindness. I couldn’t agree more that it is the best way in these or any discussions, and I am always trying to improve. As long as you keep trying, it keeps working! Life is a continuing study of a journey!

I certainly have to agree with most everything you say. I’ve been somewhat well versed in Yoga, years back. I guess somehow I’ve found my own way of meditation using what works for me and has for many years. I know a few others close who have found a combination of yoga and or weed and or different studies concerning the sublime.

I did look up cocaine addiction references and you are absolutely correct except for my interpretation of the ideas and discussions of how cocaine can keep the body from sleeping in a similar way as amphetamine (another dreadful drug) does. I understand we want sleep do to our brain, but it is also because the body needs it physically. So, I guess one can say it is not physically addictive. I’d go with that!

I have said LSD is a wonderful thing. That is my experience only.
It is well documented, as you pointed out and we have all heard or seen of, that people have taken one dose and never come back. It is very sad.

That is why I do not recommend it to anyone.

Again, I feel for your friend. :smile: :smile: :smile:
Image
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:56 pm

hippieguy1954 wrote:I have said LSD is a wonderful thing. That is my experience only.


It's my experience, too. And I agree that it's hard to recommend to someone. It's a risk we all have to consider for ourselves.

I'm glad that I got to experience it, though. Some of the shining, wonderful memories of my life have been while tripping. Pivotal moments, as well. Psychedelics, when used for exploration and self-discovery, are definitely of great value, I feel, in the human experience.

Thanks man, I got a lot out of what you were saying. It's actually changed my mind a bit about daily pot smokers. You certainly don't seem deluded and self-involved. LOL. :D Enjoyed this.
User avatar
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 am

Re: LSD a cure for alcoholism

Postby hippieguy1954 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:24 am

wolftigerrosebud wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:I have said LSD is a wonderful thing. That is my experience only.


It's my experience, too. And I agree that it's hard to recommend to someone. It's a risk we all have to consider for ourselves.

I'm glad that I got to experience it, though. Some of the shining, wonderful memories of my life have been while tripping. Pivotal moments, as well. Psychedelics, when used for exploration and self-discovery, are definitely of great value, I feel, in the human experience.

Thanks man, I got a lot out of what you were saying. It's actually changed my mind a bit about daily pot smokers. You certainly don't seem deluded and self-involved. LOL. :D Enjoyed this.


Yes, it is hard to recommend. Like I said, I don't recommend it, but if I know someone or just met someone (at a show or whatever) who is inexperienced with it and is going to indulge, I will advise as to "are you in a good mood?" "is there anything going on in your life that is bothering you?" "make sure you are in a setting that makes you feel safe and secure"...things like these...just the basics. I don't want to influence them to the point of putting something in their mind that wasn't there.

"Some of the shining, wonderful memories of my life have been while tripping. Pivotal moments, as well. Psychedelics, when used for exploration and self-discovery, are definitely of great value, I feel, in the human experience." I quoted you here because I feel the exact same way and could not have said it better than you did!

I got a lot out of what you are saying as well and enjoyed this too! I'm glad I changed your mind a bit about daily pot smokers and thanks for seeing I'm not deluded and self involved! LOL!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Image
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest