Re: Opinions to personalize my new guitar

Postby easytoslip » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:49 am

Stealy all the way, that poo is badass
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby JonnyBoy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 pm

The stealy has a tougher looking quality... I like it best!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby vwjodyme » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:55 am

I vote stealy between the two, though, they have a lot of cool ones there.
I wish they offered base price info, i can never tell with these things. I could think, wow that would be great for 30 or 50 bucks, then have them turn out to be 3 to 5 hundred :lol:
vwjodyme

Postby ebick » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:18 am

ok, so first off, let me tell you all that the bear was the first one I saw.....and I was like "sold". Their first link to their site was not great, and it took me a while to find the Stealy. When I saw that, I was like, "ok, hold the phone".....and quite honestly was already leaning towards that one......the few of you that actually "voted" told me what I guess I already knew.....

Financially speaking, I can clear some of that up.......both the Bear and the Stealy I have listed here are $85.

There was another stealy I had asked about but pretty quickly ruled out....it was quoted at $75

Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby FretfulDave » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:59 am

Ed -

Thanks for sharing the link! It is great way to personalize a guitar and it is fairly unobtrusive as well, at least the truss rod cover is.

The cost is not as bad as I feared and you have kindly provided info regarding that. Much appreciated!

The fancy stealie is great though I think the other one is more subtle. I am liking some of the other designs that are not specifically related to a band or concept, etc.

Do you have any thoughts about the wood selection? I guess it depends on what the headstock has as type of wood/finish. I am trying to figure what would look good on a Taylor T5 that has a black laminate on the headstock.

Anyway you go, it is going to be sweet looking for sure. Looks like the stealie is the strong favorite.

Good luck with it and let us know what sort of lead time you experience when you order and receive.

Peace,

Dave
The river keeps a talkin'
FretfulDave
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby ebick » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 am

That was one of my first questions to them. The guitar in question on my end is a Taylor 814ce. When I told him that his response was "What year"?

He said he has all the Taylor Templates and appears to be very well versed on the stock woods and inlay materials used. I would expect that to be true of other makes, including but not limited to Martin.

As you alluded to, I was looking for something, shall we say, reversible, and the TRC seemed to be the best thing. I'm not a big fan of the wood tuners, plus I felt this provided something that I was less likely to run into elsewhere.

And yes, there are many very nice, non-Dead designs, and he is also open to discussing custom designs.

Regarding lead time,

My delivery time is now running about 6-8 weeks.

My standard Payment Policy is to make your item and I will send you an e-mail when it is just about ready to ship.
Payment may be made at that time by Check or you may use a Credit Card using the "Buy Now" button on the "Ordering" page of my web-site here:
http://www.nicholsguitars.com/ordering.html

You may also use PayPal
Paypal and credit cards are the preferred methods.

I think he is on vaca at the moment if anyone tries to contact him. Rest assured, I found him extremely responsive.

Ed
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Return to Everything Else