First Aid

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

First Aid

Postby seamones » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:50 pm

I did some general googling on this but couldn't find anything....so i cut the side of my index finger with a kitchen knife (accidentally) kinda parallel to the nail on the thumb-facing side. Its not directly in the line of fire, but it definitely affects playing. A regular bandaid doesn't quite do it, with all that extra material hanging over and all... y'all got any first aid tips? Got rehersal and don't want to be totally gimped....
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Re: First Aid

Postby eric » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 am

super glue....or even better...gorilla glue....or you could just go the jerry route....
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:50 am

eric wrote:super glue....or even better...gorilla glue....or you could just go the jerry route....

+1 :smile: :smile: :smile:
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 am

I've always liked cloth/atheletic tape for finger injuries when band-aids wouldn't do. Any Walgreens or CVS will have it, probably near the ace bandages.

Superglue also works. Bring the bottle with, I used to have to apply it every set on my two playing fingers for fingerstyle bass. It changes your tone a little until it softens if it's on a right-hand fingering surface.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Stone » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:03 am

Liquid skin/band aid then add super glue over that if needed. And unless your giging and committed to playing I would let it heal normally without dumping chemicals into your cut my .02
Stone
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:30 pm

kinda different, but i broke my hand recently and IMO you oughta just take a couple days off from playing and let your hand heal. if it's really too painful to play, your body's sending you a clear message. i took a week off when i broke my hand and came back to playing with a vigor and enthusiasm i haven't had for the last couple years. jerry mentioned something about that in an interview once -- you shouldn't go out of your way to take breaks like that, but if that's the situation you've got, it's not necessarily all bad.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Return to Everything Else