GD DVD Collection

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: GD DVD Collection

Postby masonskids » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:38 am

Damn, too bad they didn't release that Stranger from 10/2/87. Jerry rips it up at the end of that tune.
masonskids
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby seamones » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 am

Scarlet wrote:T
I've always wondered why the Essen 1981 show has never had an official release. Crystal clear footage of an entire show WITHOUT embarrassing.

It also contains crystal clear footage of the entire band on enough coke to fuel the Columbian military for a year or two. Jerry's jaw gnashing is just brutal, especially during Wharf Rat and Good Lovin. Going back and watching those clips on YouTube, I am actually impressed that they all survived the night.
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby jeffm725 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:40 am

Here is the Deal with Vault video as has been explained to me. They have a bunch from Summer tours from 1987 (Dylan and Dead) on through 1995. Mostly Stadium shows. If you want to know if they have a show on Video you can pretty much extrapolate what they have. If the show had screens on either side of the stage for Video reinforcement, they have the footage in the Vault. Those screens were used in Bigger venues on Summer tours. The pattern of releases of "View from the Vault" bears that out. It would be great to have a Indoor spring tour 82 show or something in there, but it ain't.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby jahozer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:48 am

seamones wrote:
Scarlet wrote:T
I've always wondered why the Essen 1981 show has never had an official release. Crystal clear footage of an entire show WITHOUT embarrassing.

It also contains crystal clear footage of the entire band on enough coke to fuel the Columbian military for a year or two. Jerry's jaw gnashing is just brutal, especially during Wharf Rat and Good Lovin. Going back and watching those clips on YouTube, I am actually impressed that they all survived the night.

:lol:
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby hawk900 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Jeesh........out of all the video shot shows they have from any show that used the big screens(trippy effects) or just plain pro shot just release something new in it's entirety from 79to91. Damn if I had my choice over a bank vault full of money I'd pick the dead vault.
Kinda gave up on em a while since I figured the internet killed their sales. I'm a true collector of Dick's Picks and all the official DVD releases like most of us and don't rely on illegal copies from the net.
hawk900
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Previous

Return to Everything Else