ipad2 apps?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

ipad2 apps?

Postby beaner » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 am

Hey All,

Just wondering what apps people use to organize their sheet music on the ipad2?
Read through some previous threads regarding iklip(which is great) and the foot switch
to turn pages. I would like to be able to pull music from a web site(copy&paste maybe?)
and put into a well structured song book type app. Any ideas?

Thanks again for hosting such a wonderful forum, U all R truly kind.

beaner
beaner
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Re: ipad2 apps?

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 am

My keyboard player/GF just got one for her birthday - we're using PDFs in whatever the app it came with is called... iBooks, I think? It's pretty easy once you have them as PDFs, we put them in our Dropbox folder, and the iPad offers an "open with iBooks" or "import into iBooks" (I forget the exact wording) option from there.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby jkstraw » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Jamming/Gigging - I use Newzik by SyncSing

Practice - I use Tab toolkit from time to time

SyncSing - http://www.syncsing.com/html/

It has a lot or nice features - share with other Newzik users, one person can control all iPads in the band, multiple setlists, search the internet for tab, auto-scroll, change keys, chord diagrams, etc.
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby Murphy52 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:20 pm

OnSong, OnSong, OnSong!

http://www.onsongapp.com/
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/iklip/features/

I have tried most of the apps for organizing music and OnSong is fantastic. I have my iPad mounted on my mic stand with the iKlip.

OnSong has a ton of cool features but the one that impresses people the most is that you can control the other ipads in the group through bluetooth. When I decide which song we are playing next I just flip to it and the other iPads in the group flip too. Instant communication and teleprompters like the pros. And when I say "pros" I mean people that can never remember lyrics, Like Jerry!

In this video you can see the setup. The other guys have an ipod on the music stand in front of them. When we transition into FOTM you see me flip to the next song. This flips it for them too.

Murphy52
bruce
bruce

Postby Murphy52 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:22 pm

You can also instantly share set lists. I usually prepare several sets before a gig and I send them to the other iPad right before the show. I also have set variations ready to accomodate different types of audiences; ie: heads, dancers, general
Murphy52
bruce
bruce

Return to Everything Else