Intonated Bridges???

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Intonated Bridges???

Postby USBLUES » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:17 am

I've seen a couple bridges out that are already intonated, how is that possible?, how could a bridge have a fixed intoantion and be right? example http://artisanguitars.com/specification ... nd-bridge/
USBLUES
Pigpen
Pigpen

Re: Intonated Bridges???

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:50 am

It can't ever be exactly right unless it's custom made for the guitar it's being put on. But it can be made to be "probably-closer-than-stock".
Rusty the Scoob

Postby gr8fullfred » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:03 pm

I could never be right. Different strings might require an intonation adjustment. Different temperatures, humidity. That is why they are adjustable, because they need to be adjusted. Obviously depends on your sensitivity to intonation errors. No matter what, the intonation is never perfect, but can get close enough for my ears. I normally do not adjust my guitar for every string change, but I use the same strings. If I bought a different brand or size of strings, the intonation would need to be adjusted.

Acoustic guitars are often fixed intonation. For the most part you are not playing way up there on the fret board. If you measured with an accurate tuner you would find inaccuracies probably.
gr8fullfred
Jerry
Jerry

Postby USBLUES » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks, that what i was thinking
USBLUES
Pigpen
Pigpen

Return to Everything Else