Grateful Dead Art?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Grateful Dead Art?

Postby jason_stanfield » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi, rukinders!

First, an introduction -- I'm Jason, keyboardist for Otis Lotus, a Grateful Dead tribute band in Jackson, MS. If you'd like, please check us out on Facebook.

In addition to playing keys for the band, I also make our gig flyers (which you can see on my personal Facebook page). I use Photoshop and Illustrator to blend together multiple layers of images into a workable gig flyer. I use the 'steal your face' logo a lot, since it's so identifiable, the dancing terrapins, and have lately started using the 'skull & roses' image.

What I need for more variety, though, are large, print-quality images of the dancing bears and the dancing skeleton with the top hat. I've Google-searched these images, and only come up with small pictures (which are too pixelated when blown up to print size), or hi-res photos of fabric patches (which don't have clean lines) rather than clean-drawn images. A better artist could probably trace around them quickly, but it's taking me way too much time using beziers (which is probably the best way to get clean lines).

Does anyone know where I can find hi-res stock images of the dancing bears and skeleton?
jason_stanfield
Vince
Vince

Re: Grateful Dead Art?

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:35 am

I'm going to be putting Yoda's head on this bear for a sticker for my band
Hey man - welcome aboard - Otis Lotus rocks !
:-)
Tennessee Jedi

Return to Everything Else