Bruce and Brent...

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Bruce and Brent...

Postby JamminJommy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:23 pm

... appear to have shared the stage? Check out this video at 1:40. Anyone have a date for that show?

Also! A bonus look at Phil's Clayton picks at 4:38 on the left of the screen!

Anyone know when that Bruce show was? I would love to hear it.

Peace,

Jommy
Strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hand.

http://www.youtube.com/user/theuncommonsenseband
JamminJommy
Mickey
Mickey

Re: Bruce and Brent...

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 pm

12/10/89 Great Western Forum, L.A., last night of three; Bruce was one of the guests, which also included Spencer Davis. IWT! :cool:

At the time nobody thought that much about it, but kinda eerie now to see them sitting side by side like that.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Cmnaround » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Also June 1988 summer tour in buckeye lake Ohio - Bruce played accordion during sugaree - can't remember exact date but was an awesome show and great tour - I think buckeye was the first time he sat in
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:00 pm

That's interesting about the picks.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby tigerstrat » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Cmnaround wrote:Also June 1988 summer tour in buckeye lake Ohio - Bruce played accordion during sugaree - can't remember exact date but was an awesome show and great tour - I think buckeye was the first time he sat in

IWT too! 6/25/88- actually kind of a pale overall show, coming right after the fantastic 4-night Alpine run... However, I believe 12/10/89 was the only time he sat in behind the keyboards with Brent .
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:02 pm

That was a nice video.
"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 am

tigerstrat wrote:
Cmnaround wrote:Also June 1988 summer tour in buckeye lake Ohio - Bruce played accordion during sugaree - can't remember exact date but was an awesome show and great tour - I think buckeye was the first time he sat in

IWT too! 6/25/88- actually kind of a pale overall show, coming right after the fantastic 4-night Alpine run... However, I believe 12/10/89 was the only time he sat in behind the keyboards with Brent .

Me too - Jerry said something about bringing out an old friend or something .... I never even had heard of hm or his band that opened up ...
The Sugaree is the only tune I remember ....
The Alpine run was pretty good .... that was the 'Black Bird' butcher run , right ?
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Tennessee Jedi wrote:The Alpine run was pretty good .... that was the 'Black Bird' butcher run , right ?
:smile:

Yeah, kinda close but no cigar , but the rest of the show RULED. It was all the more gratifying to see them nail Blackbird at the Greek a month later.
tigerstrat

Return to Everything Else