Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

When it doesn't fit anywhere else

Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:23 am

Need more info on you two. So far y'all have a similar style of writing, post from 2 of the same IP (96.*.*.* , 71.*.*.* ) and overall, just seem to be very similar.

What gives?
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6671
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby playingdead » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:01 am

They go to the same school?
User avatar
playingdead
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 am

I'd be okay with that. Just curious. This forum has seen more than a few alter-egos.
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6671
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby Adam Deckard » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am

You know I never got over this one line in Phil Lesh's book where he talks about being introduced to Jerry for the first time. He must have been a little intimidated by Jerry cause he said something along the lines of, "Yeah, well I play jazz man." The story goes that Jerry didn't even miss a beat, his eyes widened and with excitement started telling Phil about how he knew some jazz guys and could introduce him. But hey lets get back to interogating these kind dudes and get to the bottom of this IP stuff.
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby tcsned » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:03 am

playingdead wrote:They go to the same school?

Same English teacher :)
... or should I say eNglish teecher
User avatar
tcsned
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:50 pm
Location: Blacksburg, VA

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby seamones » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 am

Adam Deckard wrote:You know I never got over this one line in Phil Lesh's book where he talks about being introduced to Jerry for the first time. He must have been a little intimidated by Jerry cause he said something along the lines of, "Yeah, well I play jazz man." The story goes that Jerry didn't even miss a beat, his eyes widened and with excitement started telling Phil about how he knew some jazz guys and could introduce him. But hey lets get back to interogating these kind dudes and get to the bottom of this IP stuff.


Personally, I would have a hard time labeling it as an interrogation. Additionally, I appreciate the efforts to call out individuals who apparently entertain themselves with that type of shenanigans.
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:24 am

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:31 am

Adam Deckard wrote:But hey lets get back to interogating these kind dudes and get to the bottom of this IP stuff.

2 people posting from the same IP addresses is worth asking a few questions. Simple as that.

As soon as forums get known as multi-aliases credibility goes to pot and folks get downright confused.
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6671
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby RiverRat » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:42 am

I'm looking into it now...

Image
RiverRat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:38 am

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby Adam Deckard » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:53 pm

strumminsix wrote:Need more info on you two. So far y'all have a similar style of writing, post from 2 of the same IP (96.*.*.* , 71.*.*.* ) and overall, just seem to be very similar.

What gives?


Perhaps you could have sent this in a PM instead of making it everyone's business and putting them in the spotlight like that ( kind of like how 13 year olds do in school when they call someone out in front of the class).

strumminsix wrote:As soon as forums get known as multi-aliases credibility goes to pot and folks get downright confused.


And what happens to a person's credibility when it is questioned in front of their peers?

seamones wrote:Personally, I would have a hard time labeling it as an interrogation. Additionally, I appreciate the efforts to call out individuals who apparently entertain themselves with that type of shenanigans.


To what shenanigans are you referring? They seem to be just asking questions and giving their opinion like everyone else. Do you have any examples? I believe asking anyone to provide more information than is required to create an account is an interrogation do you disagree? If not may I have your address and phone number so I can call you and make sure you are who you say you are before I take your advice on what kind of column V element Jerry's caps are doped with? and checking up on anyone for no good reason is lurking.

"there's no need for you to be worrying about all those other people."
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Come for the Dead, stay for the drama. Chill out. A question was asked and just wait for the response.

Nobody will think any differently when all is said and done and credibility is only hurt if they are one and the same.
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6671
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby seamones » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Adam Deckard wrote:To what shenanigans are you referring? They seem to be just asking questions and giving their opinion like everyone else. Do you have any examples? I believe asking anyone to provide more information than is required to create an account is an interrogation do you disagree? If not may I have your address and phone number so I can call you and make sure you are who you say you are before I take your advice on what kind of column V element Jerry's caps are doped with? and checking up on anyone for no good reason is lurking.

"there's no need for you to be worrying about all those other people."


Chill out man. Re-read my post, I wasn't making an accusation, just saying that its lame when people have multiple accounts and play games.
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:24 am

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby Adam Deckard » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:23 pm

couple of kids tried to join the kids' club, got picked on for being kids.
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby Adam Deckard » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:11 pm

On the other hand, this phil lesh guy could be a nut job after all. He's funny though, and ridiculous.
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby playingdead » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:56 am

Bump for answerz
User avatar
playingdead
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Paging TheStag and PhilLesh 101 - same person?

Postby Mick » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:53 pm

strumminsix wrote:As soon as forums get known as multi-aliases credibility goes to pot and folks get downright confused.


:D
Mama Mama many worlds I've come since I first left home.
Mick
Jerry
Jerry
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:46 am
Location: Northern NJ

Next

Return to Everything Else

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest