Music Never stopped (cmon children part)

Music Never stopped (cmon children part)

Postby jeffm725 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:00 pm

per jedis request.........

this is very quick and dirty, emphasis on dirty, no clam editing :-)
just the cmon children part.......(although watch for the Hershey park "bonus" material at the end of this lesson)

to see the "hershey riff" that was shown in the above lesson being used (by me) in real time check out starting at 2:21 here (we made a sandwich out of tmns this night, going off on the b jam, into scarlet and then back in to the music b jam at the end of scarlet, which always makes for a rhythmic trainwreck trying to get everyone back in the 3 count out of the 4 count...{warning cell phone vid...ears were harmed in the making of this video :-):
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Re: Music Never stopped (cmon children part)

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey Jeff
very cool - cant wait to get the guitar and try it out ...
Nice bonus Jam lick too !
:hail:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Billbbill » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 am

Hey jeff - nice lesson - well explained and executed. One thing though - and it's something I really have to be on top of myself as I riff over this progression -

you are indeed playing the 1st portion that follows "everybodies dancin", the A6-Bm7-5(or Dm)-A/C#- D#o7 then Dm/F-A/C#-D7-E

then over the come on children part it repeats but skips the Dm/F-A/C# part and jumps right to the D7-E after the D#o7, no?

What you show covers all the bases just the same. :cool:

Funny I've been meaning to do a vid on music myself though I would cover some other parts. If I tried this prog it would be to explain what I'm thinking while riffing over it, which seems to still be evolving somewhat at this point :lol:
Billbbill

Postby Pete B. » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 am

Yes, We should compare video notes on this tune!
I haven't fully decoded it myself.
I do have some go-to licks for each section though.
The solo right after "and they kept on dancin'"... I like to start that with my pinky on the 17th fret high-E string (pointer finger covering the A-chord on the 12th fret) and descend/ascend in Ionian Jerry-triplettes... start and end on the same note.
I'm lookin' for a "start on the low E string and ascend all the way" lick, for that segment.
I've been thinking about how to vid my go-to licks for this song, maybe can get-'er-duun this weekend.
Pete B.

Postby Laytonco » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Yep, +1 for Jeff there. I actually played that part open "anthology style." Another imrovement in the books. Thanks!
Laytonco

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 am

Billbbill wrote:Hey jeff - nice lesson - well explained and executed. One thing though - and it's something I really have to be on top of myself as I riff over this progression -

you are indeed playing the 1st portion that follows "everybodies dancin", the A6-Bm7-5(or Dm)-A/C#- D#o7 then Dm/F-A/C#-D7-E

then over the come on children part it repeats but skips the Dm/F-A/C# part and jumps right to the D7-E after the D#o7, no?

What you show covers all the bases just the same. :cool:

Funny I've been meaning to do a vid on music myself though I would cover some other parts. If I tried this prog it would be to explain what I'm thinking while riffing over it, which seems to still be evolving somewhat at this point :lol:

Bill, for the longest time I couldnt figure out what you were referring to here, but now I totally get it.

Yes, around the 8 minute mark when I demonstrate sliding into chords and hammering within the changes I just play the first 1/2 of the progression over and over (well just a couple times anyway). I do this to demonstrate the embellishments I was talking about.
You are correct though that during that demonstration I actually never "complete" what would constitiute a "full time through" in a single sequence. All parts are there throughout the video, but never in one place, I see how that could be a little confusing...................my bad..............thanks for pointing that out.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Return to Video Instruction