Buffalo Furthur after party w/ Workingman's Dead

lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs

Buffalo Furthur after party w/ Workingman's Dead

Postby hogan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Sunday Nov. 13th at DBGB's 253 Allen st. in Buffalo. 11pm till whenever. No cover, free beer w/ a Furthur ticket stub, great food and of course plenty of good ol' Grateful Dead. Hope to see you there.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Re: Buffalo Furthur after party w/ Workingman's Dead

Postby jeffm725 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:19 am

Nice gig!
I'm noticing lots of pre/post furthur gigs by lots of bands this tour.
Always a good idea and great exposure. Lots of fun, but I am just too damn old to handle weeknight gigs these days and then get back for the "Day job" the next morning!

I have a bunch of friends from NY/CT going to that furthur gig, I'm going to send 'em your way!!!

I remember doing a week of pre/post GD shows at the Fall MSG run in 94, right across the Street from the Garden....Hard work those gigs were. Would do Pre-show "happy hour" from 5:00-7:30 and then Post show bar hours from 11:30 PM - 4:00 am . That was a 7 hour gig every day, and most of us were actually going to the shows in between our sets!! Because the bar did a lunch business and had tables where the stage was, we had to do a full breakdown EVERY night at 4:30 am and then load it all back in the next day at 3:30 PM. Ugh!

Right in the middle of our run there (the 3rd night I believe), someone handed me a beer at about 4:00 am at the end of our set. I said "Thanks" and drank it and then noticed my cables turning into serpents an hour later as we were packing up. Needless to say, there was no sleep for me that day, and I ended up at an after hours until 1:00 PM that afternoon, trying to burn off my "energy". Was still flying during load in that afternoon, but the cruelest part of all that is that I totally lost my voice from staying up, running ragged, and at that time, with that particular band configuration, I sang about 90% of the songs. I would try to force vocals out and NOTHING would come out.

Sorry for the hijack, your post just triggered a flood of memories!!!

Moral of the story: Beware of strangers buying you drinks at Pre/Post GD related events :lol: :oops: :-) :smile: :drink:
Have a blast at your gig!
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Re: Buffalo Furthur after party w/ Workingman's Dead

Postby hogan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 am

Just a bump.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Return to member's gigs and live music dates