deadahead.nh in MAINE this Weekend (~);}

lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs

deadahead.nh in MAINE this Weekend (~);}

Postby DeadAheadNH » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:59 pm

It's been a while getting back to the board - I hope all has been well since last fall !!
The guys here in Kittery Maine have been working hard and I thought you guys might be kinda interested. It's no Grammy recording but we hope it moves you :)

Terrapin

there's more on the new YouTube site ...
We hope yo enjoy it ... doin' the best we can :)

http://www.deadaheadnh.com
http://www.facebook.com/deadaheadnh
http://www.youtube.com/deadaheadnh
Last edited by DeadAheadNH on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeadAheadNH
Brent
Brent

Re: Hi All :)

Postby DeadAheadNH » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:57 pm

PS ... If anyone will be in central Maine in two weeks then come check out the the Harmony festival un July 15-17. Should be a gea time :)
http://mapq.st/jF6HpM

more info:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167704642212
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_2310653225
DeadAheadNH
Brent
Brent

Postby DeadAheadNH » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:02 am

Last edited by DeadAheadNH on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeadAheadNH
Brent
Brent

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:18 am

Bummed that I couldn't play that show with you. Would have been fun!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby DeadAheadNH » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Next time :)
We got Sherwood Olin from the Portland area to sit in - he's a great player - he sits in with Lazy Lightning too.
DeadAheadNH
Brent
Brent

Postby Adam Deckard » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:05 pm

I just got a youtube subscription from yall, went to your site and was listening to some songs, then saw this post and checked out the studio sounding stuff this is righteous man. sounds really really good. I am no professional musician, but I don't think it takes one to tell that those three cuts are freaking SOLID. I havn't heard much from/about you guys and I am sure a lot of us would love to know more. like maybe a little more about your furthur guitar, i read somewhere you bought it used, can you tell us more? What about you're band and how long have you been playin together? and holy shit dude how long have you been practicing jerry garcia style playing? shit sounds really good dude!
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby DeadAheadNH » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Adam Deckard wrote:I just got a youtube subscription from yall, went to your site and was listening to some songs, then saw this post and checked out the studio sounding stuff this is righteous man. sounds really really good. I am no professional musician, but I don't think it takes one to tell that those three cuts are freaking SOLID. I havn't heard much from/about you guys and I am sure a lot of us would love to know more. like maybe a little more about your furthur guitar, i read somewhere you bought it used, can you tell us more? What about you're band and how long have you been playin together? and holy shit dude how long have you been practicing jerry garcia style playing? shit sounds really good dude!

Heya Adam ... thank you so much for the KIND words :-)

We started playing about 2 years ago .... Keir came over for a few great gigs and now we have Kenny doing the Jerry work with us. We had a TON of fun "fixing" his Alembic Tribute to Dozin Tiger specs. The Strat has Waldo's buffer too plus I added a blender to add PU1 + PU3 to get a cool new Strat sound. I'm actually running a a patch off my True Bypass pedal board to the digital effects and back to control those at the guitar volume knob too ... We'll be posting much more SPATIAL pieces as soon as I get the time :)
DeadAheadNH
Brent
Brent

Re: deadahead.nh in MAINE this Weekend (~);}

Postby Kennay » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 am

Hi Adam
Thanks for the kind words. The guitar I`m playing was built by a man named Toby(or Bear Too) for himself at the Alembic shop.
Unfortunately he passed away not soon after. I had stopped by the shop because I had recently bought a guitar that I thought was
an authentic Alembic and wanted to find out more about it and have a brass back plate put on. That`s when Susan and Mica told
me that they were selling Toby`s guitar in order to help his family out. They made a point of telling me that they never sell used
guitars out of their shop but that this was an exception. Once upon a time I had expendable income so......

As for playing I`d been dicking around with chords and the pentatonic for about 20 years. Saw DSO a few years ago and decided that`s the direction
and just started practicing. Discovered that nothing is gained through osmosis. Every note is earned through hours of repetition.
It`ll always be a work in progress. Oh and that Keith earned his spot in the Dead by playing along with their records. Dick`s Picks
have been an amazing resource for that.

Thanks Again Man!
Kennay
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby Adam Deckard » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey ya'll that was awesome thanks for sharing! Im getn updates for ya'lls vids now, so I will be checking them out as they come! Ken - thanks for the guitar story! And its always sweet to hear a good player talk about how much they have practiced, gives me hope! thanks again.
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby RiverRat » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Stop by and say HAI to the Big Rhythm Wine guys... They'll be in the RV behind the stage.
RiverRat

Postby Kennay » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:41 am

R.I.P.
Kennay
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby Kennay » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 am

And the beat goes on........
Kennay
Wavy Gravy