The Kind @ Schooners in Roanoke **Benefit** 5/17

lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs

The Kind @ Schooners in Roanoke **Benefit** 5/17

Postby tcsned » Mon May 02, 2011 6:05 pm

We're playing at Schooners in Roanoke on May 17 it's a benefit for the victims of the tornado that stuck the nearby town of Pulaski (about 20 miles from me). A lot of homes were totally wiped out. It's a cool club - we just played there this past weekend. Only our second gig of the year. Kind of a biker bar - woo-hoo! We're playing last at 9pm. A nice variety of cool local bands - should be a fun time.

Here's a couple of pics from our last show there:
these drums sure make it easy to control stage volume

My wife and vocalist - soon to be Beatrice in "Much Ado About Nothing"

Wendy rockin' the strat

probably my last gig with this guitar - the new on is getting wired up now

we even bring interpretive dancers :cool:

my recently resuscitated '79 strat - I played a couple of tunes on it. Some great Aligator tones through the SMS preamp
tcsned

Re: The Kind @ Schooners in Roanoke **Benefit** 5/17

Postby Adam Deckard » Mon May 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Sweet!
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 am

Love it! I am surprised y'all aren't playing that much?? Super cool you come out to help others like that though!! That would be a nice thing to do here too... a few things got trashed here with tornados! on top of seeing one for reals! Spooky Spring. :smile:

Also those electric Drums, they sound good, I guess it has to do with the drummer if he can deal with the feel or not...
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby tcsned » Tue May 03, 2011 11:37 am

JonnyBoy wrote:Love it! I am surprised y'all aren't playing that much?? Super cool you come out to help others like that though!! That would be a nice thing to do here too... a few things got trashed here with tornados! on top of seeing one for reals! Spooky Spring. :smile:

Also those electric Drums, they sound good, I guess it has to do with the drummer if he can deal with the feel or not...

Yeah, we haven't gotten out much - I'm trying to finish my dissertation and have been commuting a couple of days a week to a college in West Virginia to do some consulting work and my wife has been doing a lot of theater that's slowed things down this winter. We've only played two gigs this year but we set attendance records for the venue at both of em :cool: Our season is starting to fill up and my bluegrass band starts getting busy around this time too.

The electric drums do make it a lot easier to get a balanced level on stage. He's been playing them for 7 or 8 years so he's gotten to be pretty natural on them - though it didn't really take him long. We were all doing the direct to mixer thing back then, we all went back to amps but he kept the electronic kit.
tcsned

Postby tcsned » Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 am

A good time was had by all and we raised $3,000 for the tornado victims - which is $3,000 more than FEMA is going to give this community that took several million dollars in damage - most to homes of low income folks with no insurance.
tcsned

Return to member's gigs and live music dates