RUKIND FEST - East Coast Edition

lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs

Re: RUKIND FEST - East Coast Edition

Postby JonnyBoy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:59 am

jahozer wrote:Hey guys,
I already have a fest in the works on August 20, in Downingtown PA. It is a benefit to fight polycystic kidney disease, a cause very close to me and my family. It is a campout, for Saturday into Sunday. We already have other bands, but I am probably going to add bands for Friday night. That may be a great slot for an RUKIND superjam. Our band Honey Juice headlines it on Saturday, but I am willing to work something out with workshops, and would love to have you guys in on it as well.
It is held on a 600 acre summer camp.
Please dont read this as spam, but it just seems like synchronicity has reared its cosmic head once again and I am open to ideas!
we are at http://www.honeyfest.org
Let me know what y'all think.

That is very cool too. It would be neat in general if RUKIND could become a supporting entity in many positive ways, ie representing all good things the community deems worthy. We don't have to be about money, that can be left to the individual. Our great community can give support and our talent... Our warm bodies, voices and guitar licks. Show the world we care in non conventional ways. The largest hurdle is the distance we all live from each other. (cough cough.. :D ) OK, Ill put down the pipe now.....Super cool jahozer, that would be about 3-4 months away so its doable... still to far for me to drive tho... I remember you doing this last year too, good cause dude.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby jahozer » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:32 am

JonnyBoy wrote:
jahozer wrote:Hey guys,
I already have a fest in the works on August 20, in Downingtown PA. It is a benefit to fight polycystic kidney disease, a cause very close to me and my family. It is a campout, for Saturday into Sunday. We already have other bands, but I am probably going to add bands for Friday night. That may be a great slot for an RUKIND superjam. Our band Honey Juice headlines it on Saturday, but I am willing to work something out with workshops, and would love to have you guys in on it as well.
It is held on a 600 acre summer camp.
Please dont read this as spam, but it just seems like synchronicity has reared its cosmic head once again and I am open to ideas!
we are at http://www.honeyfest.org
Let me know what y'all think.

That is very cool too. It would be neat in general if RUKIND could become a supporting entity in many positive ways, ie representing all good things the community deems worthy. We don't have to be about money, that can be left to the individual. Our great community can give support and our talent... Our warm bodies, voices and guitar licks. Show the world we care in non conventional ways. The largest hurdle is the distance we all live from each other. (cough cough.. :D ) OK, Ill put down the pipe now.....Super cool jahozer, that would be about 3-4 months away so its doable... still to far for me to drive tho... I remember you doing this last year too, good cause dude.

Hey thanks JB,
Im not really pinping the fest, (believe me I will soon enough :lol: ) but if you guys are serious about having a get together, and it seems like logistics are a stumbling point, they are already worked out for you. I certainly can make some cool space for this to happen.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby ampegbassplayer1969 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 pm

tcsned wrote:
Pete B. wrote:Anyone for Penns Peak?

That sounds like a reasonable middle ground for the East Coasters there's a lot of Pennsyltuckians on this board too. Of course, Floydfest is only 45 minutes from home so that gets my vote :D

Penn's Peak gets my vote! If only we could camp there, hah.
I work at the Penn's Peak radio station, I'm going to have my own radio show this summer, so stay tuned. :-)
ampegbassplayer1969
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby Grateful Dad » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:55 am

Yesterday I talked at length to my good friend Jon, owner of the Birdsong Winery in Sullivan County PA, about hosting the rukindfest. He's willing to work out the logistics (security, toilets, etc.) for a weekend rukind festival. If a good plan can be made he's up for it. He holds his Winestock Festival every July 4th weekend so he is experienced with running festivals. I'll be communicating with him again soon to go over ideas.

How many people do we expect? There will need to be a security staff and toilets among other things needed to run a successful festival so attendees will have to pay some admission fee to cover Jon's expenses.

For information on the winery check out: http://www.birdsongwinery.com

More later,

Dave

:smile:
Grateful Dad
Phil
Phil

Postby tcsned » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:54 am

That looks like a cool spot.
tcsned

Postby tapestry » Fri May 20, 2011 8:11 pm

summer is booked up! can we still do something? maybe september?
tapestry
Bobby
Bobby

Postby tapestry » Sat May 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Looks like hard truckers and company got something going in new jersey.
tapestry
Bobby
Bobby

Previous

Return to member's gigs and live music dates