Re: terrapin station, big island Hawai'i

Postby Dozin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:19 am

Wish you guys were around when I lived there
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby tcsned » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:04 am

Abe - that's very cool that there is a Dead band out there. I love the Big Island - our original drummer lives out there and plays in a band called Hawaiians Unlimited. There's a reasonable, little contingent of Blacksburg deadheads living out there - our old light guy who worked for a while with Jerry Abrams (Headlights - from the old Matrix and Avalon Ballroom in SF). In the last month a really good friend whose wife used to babysit my kids is living on the Kona side. I'll send them a note now about your gig. I played a gig at a club called the Blue Dolphin (I can't remember which town it was in but it wasn't too far from Kona from what I remember) and a cool party at my buddy's farm in the hills above Kealakakua (spelling?) - he's a little on the crazy side but might be a place you can play and get some exposure.

Do you have any audio clips?

Aloha!
tcsned

Postby abe » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:23 pm

aloha, i dont have any audio clips yet. the ones we have dont capture the sound well. We are on the east side (hilo side) of the big island so i dont know if any one from kona would come out. but if we do gig in kona, possibly at the blue dolphin?, i will post here again and your friend can go. and maybe you'll be visiting also!
abe
Vince
Vince

Postby tcsned » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:36 pm

abe wrote:aloha, i dont have any audio clips yet. the ones we have dont capture the sound well. We are on the east side (hilo side) of the big island so i dont know if any one from kona would come out. but if we do gig in kona, possibly at the blue dolphin?, i will post here again and your friend can go. and maybe you'll be visiting also!

My friends Kevin and Claudia said they are going to go. It's still kinda early over there :)

I was there last about 5 years ago, I can't wait to go back!
tcsned

Postby abe » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:08 am

aloha,
mahalo for spreading the news! wish you could go. please emphasize that our second set, including closer, is superior to our first set. (in my opinion.) well, maybe they are the same aside from song selection. :P
abe
Vince
Vince

Return to member's gigs and live music dates