Is a SBD of 4-7-72 circulating at all?

Is a SBD of 4-7-72 circulating at all?

Postby bodiddley » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:18 am

IMO, this has one of the best, if not THE best China/Riders of '72 and I know portions of this show have been used at the Deadnet taper's section. Sadly, only crappy auds of it exist on the Archive. Anyone know of any circulating boards or how I can rip streams from the Taper's section?
Thanks
bodiddley

Re: Is a SBD of 4-7-72 circulating at all?

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:41 am

Sounds worth hearing but you'd have better luck asking in a "real" trading forum, like on deadnetcentral.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Frenchdead » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:43 am

part of the show is on the steppin out cd + taper section

i don t know if like that you have the complete show
Frenchdead
Keith
Keith

Postby Emoto » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Bookmark this site: http://db.etree.org/shn/6161

You can do searches there. It lists a couple of AUD sources but no SBDs. You can download a lot from bt.etree.org. For example, there is a SBD from the following day: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=510980
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby bodiddley » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Emoto wrote:Bookmark this site: http://db.etree.org/shn/6161

You can do searches there. It lists a couple of AUD sources but no SBDs. You can download a lot from bt.etree.org. For example, there is a SBD from the following day: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=510980

Thanks...use it all the time but I never can find the show in qeustion. Hopefully this see's the light of day soon. I'm going to keep writing D. Lemieux until he get's it released. I'm also gonna drop Gans an e-mail to see if he featured it on the GD Hour at all.
bodiddley

Postby Emoto » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:16 pm

bodiddley wrote:
Emoto wrote:Bookmark this site: http://db.etree.org/shn/6161

Thanks...use it all the time but I never can find the show in qeustion. Hopefully this see's the light of day soon. I'm going to keep writing D. Lemieux until he get's it released. I'm also gonna drop Gans an e-mail to see if he featured it on the GD Hour at all.

Ok, then you probably want to register on dimeadozen.org and shnflac.net if you are not already. Between those 2, you will catch all of the dead that is being torrented sooner or later. "New" SBDs turn up from time to time, so you just have to keep checking. There are a couple that I would like, too, that are not in circulation either...
Emoto

Postby bodiddley » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:23 pm

"Truckin'" > (Hunter, Garcia, Phil Lesh, Weir) – 10:14
"Drums" > (Bill Kreutzmann) – 2:44
"The Other One" > (Kreutzman, Weir) – 19:31
"El Paso" > (Marty Robbins) – 4:47
"The Other One" > (Kreutzman, Weir) – 8:20
"Wharf Rat" (Hunter, Garcia) – 10:48
One More Saturday Night" (Weir) – 4:57

Those are the tracks from 4-7-72 that are on the "Steppin Out" release. Upon further review I discovered that I actually have SBD's of the PITB, NFA>GDTRFB>NFA, & Mr.Charlie that were available for download in the early Taper section. There were 8 other tracks for streaming only in the Taper's Section that included: Ramble on Rose, Sugar Mags, Loser, China/Rider, GSET, Sugaree, Chinatown Shuffle & MAMU.

Now I just need to figure out a way to rip streams from the Tapers section. Sorry for all my posts on this subject. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed with obtaining this show.
bodiddley

Postby Frenchdead » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:17 am

no sbd for this date on the web , and on tape compendium
Frenchdead
Keith
Keith

Postby bodiddley » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:31 am

Frenchdead wrote:no sbd for this date on the web , and on tape compendium

The Compendium is clearly obsolete. There is a SBD. in the vault, I just don't think there is one circulating on the web.
bodiddley

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:04 am

bodiddley wrote:The Compendium is clearly obsolete.

Clearly and severely. :smile:
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Frenchdead » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:21 pm

tigerstrat wrote:

true , but also good pics and infos
Frenchdead
Keith
Keith

Postby bodiddley » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 am

Frenchdead wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:

true , but also good pics and infos

Don't get me wrong, I love those ancient relics. Great shitter material for researching shows & fun/interesting articles. I just meant that the whole taping info/aspect of it was pretty much obsolete even while these books were being released as heavy trading/circulation of remasters & newfound SBD's was already in progress on the internet.
bodiddley

Postby Frenchdead » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:45 pm

i agree with you those books are 10 years old , and there's still new tapes to come
Frenchdead
Keith
Keith

Postby synche » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:13 am

I have both a a 3cd set of the complete show from the reel masters and partial DVD video.

And thanks for bringing this show to my attention. I just listened to the first set for the first time. I think I only listened to a couple of songs before. Great show. The DVD video is pro shot and incredible quality, hadn't actually watched that one until now also. The sound on the DVD isn't as good as the audio from the master reels, but is quite listenable nonetheless.
synche
Vince
Vince

Postby Emoto » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 am

synche wrote:I have both a a 3cd set of the complete show from the reel masters and partial DVD video.

And thanks for bringing this show to my attention. I just listened to the first set for the first time. I think I only listened to a couple of songs before. Great show. The DVD video is pro shot and incredible quality, hadn't actually watched that one until now also. The sound on the DVD isn't as good as the audio from the master reels, but is quite listenable nonetheless.

I can help if you want to get those out into circulation in the community. I am on a number of LEGAL tracker sites where people exchange GD and other bands music who permit it. I know a guy who can set them up and upload them for sharing; he's done several shows that I taped myself and has done an excellent job. My regular sources do not list a SBD recording of this date, so you would be doing the community a huge service.
Emoto

Return to Tapers Section