Speeding Arrow

Re: Speeding Arrow

Postby LazyLightnin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

If you want to DL Grateful Dead soundboards, pick a show and in the address, change the word /details/ to /download/. You will have to DL the songs "one by one" but you can still get most of the soundboards this way.

another option probably left better said in pm's or emails. i only use this method if i'm missing a particular song or need a better recording of a certain part of the show. the difference between using torrents and the archive is that the archive isn't meant to be used in that manner and god only knows what would happen if their were 20 heads downloading full shows at the same time. i would be worried about crashing the site and never getting access again. but then again what do i know, im no computer geek by any stretch of the imagination. :lol:
LazyLightnin

Postby mijknahs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:02 pm

I'll remove my post. A few will get it.

Jim
mijknahs

Postby mijknahs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Lazy Lightnin,

Do you want to edit your post and remove my quote?

Thanks,
Jim
mijknahs

Postby LazyLightnin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:22 am

i wouldn't worry about it in this section - it's only the "tapers section" for the forum. most folks here know about the "trick" and it's not like we posted this in all caps in general discussion or anything. 8)

probably cool to talk about it here, but i wouldn't put it up in big lights or anything :D
LazyLightnin

Postby jerrys.kids » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:02 am

What happens when they release a show that I have been listening to on a hissy, fuzzy, tape for 15 years? Good Karma!! :lol:
"Mama said, don't go near that river."
jerrys.kids
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby LazyLightnin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:03 am

many hours of my teenage years were spent respooling cassette tapes. thank god thats over with. you had to get a tiny screwdriver and just the right sized pen to get the damn tape back in a new case - totally aggravating for the most part. :lol:
LazyLightnin

Postby germain » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:57 am

As a result of some things said in this thread, I have had a half dozen folks register at BCE. Folks, BCE is a private site. Unsolicited registrations are often deleted and when answered, require a lot of back and forth before one's registration is accepted.

Boxorain is in a position to obtain BCE invitations. Please PM him for further information.
Please do not register directly at the site.

We welcome all those kind heads who wish to join our private trading community to increase their collection of shows. But, by necessity, we are private, and as such, we generally do not accept unsolicited registrations.
germain
welcome
welcome

Postby finiterre » Tue May 04, 2010 8:33 am

The best way to share files quickly is using DHT, which is supported by utorrent client. It is fast and easy. Computer to computer. No tracker, no ratio, no bullshit. A 4GB dvd is usually completed in a few hours, depending on your broadband speed.

PM me for list and any questions.
finiterre
welcome
welcome

Previous

Return to Tapers Section