New SBD of 9/18/70

New SBD of 9/18/70

Postby jonarobb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:55 am

This is very sweet and long awaited.....

The acoustic Truckin' is slammin'. Mandolin on Black Peter and Pig singing an electric version of Operator. Very cool stuff!

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1970-0 ... 525.flac16
jonarobb

Re: New SBD of 9/18/70

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 am

Haven't heard this show yet, but I'm a huge fan of the following night!! 16 minute Dancin' looks like fun. Obviously tragedy surrounds this date in music history- I wonder if they got the news before or after the show.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby jonarobb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:46 am

tigerstrat wrote:Haven't heard this show yet, but I'm a huge fan of the following night!! 16 minute Dancin' looks like fun. Obviously tragedy surrounds this date in music history- I wonder if they got the news before or after the show.

Jerry seems unusually ornery this show. He kills Black Peter in the middle of the bridge, and during another jam in the electric set you can hear him cursing Billy out.
jonarobb

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:01 am

tigerstrat wrote:Haven't heard this show yet, but I'm a huge fan of the following night!! 16 minute Dancin' looks like fun. Obviously tragedy surrounds this date in music history- I wonder if they got the news before or after the show.

Tennessee Jedi

Postby GratefulPat » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:47 pm

ya the truckin is great... but that st stephen woooooooooooooooooooh smokin :cool: first minute is insane, especially when jerry hits the high note after the first 4 runs through the basic intro... wow
Comes a time, when the blind man takes your hand and says "dont you see?"
GratefulPat

Postby Chuckles » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:40 am

Good stuff, but that Black Peter is absolutely buzz-crushed by Bobby's out of tune D string (I assume... unless he was using the "cheater", which could have been the problem to begin with). Then again, it's a really clear recording that highlights his rhythm chops.

Such is the Catch-22 that is Bobby!
:shock:

Nice find J!
Chuckles

Return to Tapers Section