new deadhead looks for recommendations!

Postby BluesDaddy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 am

A resource I stumbled upon when first getting into the Dead can be found at the music archive dot com. (First post so I can't put up a link.) Just enter the site and follow the links to Jerry's music.

The site owner lists each year and what he considers the best shows of the year. One man's opinion, obviously, but over the years I have found his suggestions quite helpful.
BluesDaddy
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:18 am

Welcome BluesDaddy
Do you like Ronnie Earl ?
He's my man !
The guy on the Archive with the suggestions - I think someone is actually putting up the shows he likes on some torrent some where ...
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby BluesDaddy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:13 am

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Welcome BluesDaddy
Do you like Ronnie Earl ?
He's my man !
The guy on the Archive with the suggestions - I think someone is actually putting up the shows he likes on some torrent some where ...
:smile:

Thanks for the welcome. I've got a couple or three Ronnie Earl CDs, haven't listed to him in a while though. I've always liked him, though.

Great idea about the torrent. I know I'll periodically go look through his suggestions on years I have underrepresented in my Dead collection and go in search of a torrent. Would be kinda nice to have 'em in one place - even if inactive. I like what Losslesslegs does with their request seeder button. Something like that would be cool.
BluesDaddy
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Spring 1977

Postby TC/derelicks » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:59 am

I've been pulling out some old Dead tapes this Jerry birthday week and the one I'm stuck on this week is from May 9, 1977---Buffalo Audit, Buffalo, New York---just one of those magical nights (especially "Big River")--a great spring tour overall. My band, the Derelicks has a story song about the last tour in the simmering summer of 1995 called, "Trouble at the Circus"---Check it out (free download) at: www.thederelicks.com....TC/derelicks
TC/derelicks
rukind?
rukind?

Previous

Return to Tapers Section