RATDOG version of Terrapin

RATDOG version of Terrapin

Postby Erictw83 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:03 am

I just listened to a recoding of RATDOG playing Terrapin from earlier this year. And while it was good version and they're sound with the smooth sax and Karan on guitar fit it very well...I couldn't get over hearing Bobby's voice singing it. Honestly Bobby singing Jerry's lines ruined it for me. I think they either need to play it as an instrumental or let anyone besides Bobby sing it.

Strangely, as god awful as Phil's singing can be, i'd rather hear him singing Terrapin. Weird, I know but true.
Erictw83
Brent
Brent

Postby CountryMile Cadillac » Sat May 03, 2008 10:33 am

If you feel that way about it, then don't listen to it
"Think I'll come back here again,
Every now and then from time to time"
CountryMile Cadillac
Jerry
Jerry

Postby Erictw83 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:11 am

It was off internet radio (nugs.net). I didn't search it out myself, and i don't plan on listening to anymore ratdog terrapins thank you very much. Of course, what might be even worse would be a RATDOG Wharf Rat, OUCH!
Erictw83
Brent
Brent

Postby acidrain30005 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:38 am

Yeah, Bob can really butcher 'em sometimes.
"Carl! Go take your bath!"- Jack
acidrain30005
Terrapin
Terrapin

Re: RATDOG version of Terrapin

Postby jck_strw » Sat May 03, 2008 12:10 pm

Erictw83 wrote:Strangely, as god awful as Phil's singing can be, i'd rather hear him singing Terrapin. Weird, I know but true.

You sir, have lost your mind. :)
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Postby spilly » Sat May 03, 2008 1:46 pm

no more hating on Bobby, I'm sick of everybody talking shit about him. If you don't like Ratdog, don't go to the shows. Jerry's dead, being picky about everyone who doesn't sing like him is a waste of time, you'll never be happy. I like Bobby's strange way of phasing the lyrics and I'd kill to see their Terripin Flyer again.
do what now?
<a href="myspace.com/spillymcgeemusic">Feel Free, Freak Freely</a>
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby ThePilgrim » Sat May 03, 2008 2:57 pm

I wouldn't say its hating, but expressing one's feelings.
Astronauts of the Inner Space
ThePilgrim
tiger
tiger

Postby bucketorain » Sat May 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Bobby singing Jerry's songs is purely him showing his love an devotion to Jerry's work. Bobby misses Jerry very much and what better way to express how much you miss and love someone.
YOU KNOW IT'S GONNA GET STRANGER
www.otrpresents.ca
bucketorain
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby acidrain30005 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:53 pm

Oh believe me, I have nothing against Bobby singing Jerry's songs. I'm all for it, it's just that Bob's singing nowadays is really hit or miss; with me at least. He can butcher his own songs too haha.
"Carl! Go take your bath!"- Jack
acidrain30005
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Candyman1984 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:48 pm

The Terrapin form 3-29-2008 in syracuse was tight as hell-they encored with at a siding>terrapin flyer- Fucking amazing!!!! And bobby's voice---So what? he is having fun, and so are you. I just wish he wouldn't forget the words but thats another story.
Would you please remove your rubber duckie from my guacamole...Thanks!
Candyman1984
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby weirimpressed » Sun May 04, 2008 3:22 pm

i have heard some pretty good versions of terrapin, and some other jerry songs from Ratdog off archive and other sites. it might just be the version your listening to. everyone can butcher their own songs sometimes
weirimpressed

Postby warrenMFKNhaynes » Mon May 05, 2008 4:20 pm

if u've never heard of the grateful dead and u listend to Ratdog, i'll bet most all would'nt like it.
warrenMFKNhaynes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby willmusic » Mon May 05, 2008 5:53 pm

warrenMFKNhaynes wrote:if u've never heard of the grateful dead and u listend to Ratdog, i'll bet most all would'nt like it.

Here we go again! Any takers?
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Postby warrenMFKNhaynes » Mon May 05, 2008 7:05 pm

haha maybe i should make a new username, i've tarnished my image on this one lol
warrenMFKNhaynes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby spilly » Tue May 06, 2008 5:53 am

I used to think of Ratdog as Uncle Bob's bar band, now I think of them as Uncle Bob's jazz band. either way they create a big, fat, wet, sloppy groove. Everytime I see the dog a find a chick to dance with and meet new freinds. I like the dog the way they are. They definatly don't sound like the dead, but their not trying to.
The first time I brought my brother to see the dog he stated after the show "It's like going to see the Grateful Dead's retarded uncle."
I thought that was funny as hell, but he had a great time and didn't mind the whole non-dead-dead thing they lay out.
my buddy dave said after his first Dog show in Rochester. "It's like climing out of a dumpster"
that show was a close quarters jam, and it was a funky night for bob, so we were all super sweety and smelly, and had just spent three hours rubbing against people we didn't know. after that we had to pick up a Volkswagon that was blocking the exit to the parking lot so that a few hundred hippies could leave. it was a f**king mess, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
do what now?
<a href="myspace.com/spillymcgeemusic">Feel Free, Freak Freely</a>
spilly
Bear
Bear

Next

Return to Tapers Section