10/09/89

10/09/89

Postby Shooster » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:51 am

I'm looking for the dead's 10/09/89 Virginia show billed as The Warlocks, where they bust out the Darkstar. I heard it was truly stellar.

If anyone wants to trade, I will PM them my list and we can do the good ol' fashioned B&P, or someone could do me a solid and teach me how to use etree.

thanks in advance.
Shooster
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby sarraqum » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:38 am

I have the SBD copy of this show downloaded from Archive before the whole "thing" happened. I don't know if thats of any use...
sarraqum
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Shooster » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:35 pm

What "thing" are you talking about? I'll PM you my list and if you find something you want we can trade.
Shooster
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby waldo041 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:02 pm

waldo041

Postby confusions_prince » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:59 pm

If you are sneaky enough, the "thing" with Archive is no "thing" at all. M3U is a playlist that, in the case of Archive, is used to stream music that they might not want you to have the URL to. Problem is, all an M3U is is a list of URLs. If you download the playlist, open it as a text file, and copy and paste the URLs into your browser, you can still download VBR-quality songs. Not as good as FLAC, but still better than AUD.

Rhino and the lawyers really dropped the ball here. They own it all!
"More then ever, the world needs love and the Grateful Dead!" -Vince
confusions_prince
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby tigerstrat » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:14 am

"Better than AUD" IYHO
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby confusions_prince » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:00 pm

tigerstrat wrote:"Better than AUD" IYHO

As a rule, yes. I've heard some downright awful audience recordings.
"More then ever, the world needs love and the Grateful Dead!" -Vince
confusions_prince
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby nicolasalk » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:20 pm

confusions_prince wrote:If you are sneaky enough, the "thing" with Archive is no "thing" at all. M3U is a playlist that, in the case of Archive, is used to stream music that they might not want you to have the URL to. Problem is, all an M3U is is a list of URLs. If you download the playlist, open it as a text file, and copy and paste the URLs into your browser, you can still download VBR-quality songs. Not as good as FLAC, but still better than AUD.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

YESSSSS
YESSSSS
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:cool: :cool: :cool:
nicolasalk
Jerry
Jerry

Postby Billbbill » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:30 pm

Easier than what I was doing.
Billbbill

Postby Billbbill » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:36 pm

Well maybe not easier, come to think of it, but definitely quicker. I was just streaming the show and then copying the mp3 files from the temporary internet file cache. It was real time but less work. This other way is much quicker. Now sssh! this is our own little secret!
Billbbill

Postby mutant_dan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:52 am

It has been awhile since I have tried this but after archive looked up the goods, you could FTP into the site as if you were going to upload, then browse around and still get to all the tastey nuggets..
mutant_dan
Bobby
Bobby

Postby hesgone95 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:50 am

confusions_prince wrote:If you are sneaky enough, the "thing" with Archive is no "thing" at all. M3U is a playlist that, in the case of Archive, is used to stream music that they might not want you to have the URL to. Problem is, all an M3U is is a list of URLs. If you download the playlist, open it as a text file, and copy and paste the URLs into your browser, you can still download VBR-quality songs. Not as good as FLAC, but still better than AUD.

Ok, sorry about my lack of computer savviness, but how do I do this exactly? Do I need to listen to the whole show and find it elsewhere on the machine? If someone can explain, I'd be very appreciative! Thanks.
Goin' home, goin' home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul
hesgone95
Bobby
Bobby

Postby ronster » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:12 pm

I do it this way. Right click on the song title under the streaming menu. Click on "download this song". It will open a page in your browser that will say "action cancelled". Hit your "refresh" button and the download box will appear. You do not have to listen to the song but you have to repeat this procedure for each song. You are getting an mp3 file so do not trade these shows if you burn them to disc.
ronster
Bobby
Bobby

Postby shakedown_04092 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:23 pm

Wow, that right-click thing is great!! I never knew! A couple of years ago I bought a program that allows you to DL streaming audio/video and have been using it ever since to hit up the archive when I saw a show I wanted. You can check out the program for free for 15 days, after that, it's a flat $39 purchase. It's very easy to use and takes about as long to do as the right-click method. Might be cool if for some reason they take away the ability to right-click & DL. Just a headies up :cool:

www.cocsoft.com

PS - shhhhhh! our little secret!
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby hesgone95 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:00 pm

Yeah, I dunno, that right click doesn't work. My machine goes directly to the media player. I don't get that action cancelled box. What am I doing wrong?
Goin' home, goin' home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul
hesgone95
Bobby
Bobby

Next

Return to Tapers Section