MUTRONS!!!! III and OCTAVE!!!

Sell and buy at your own risk...

MUTRONS!!!! III and OCTAVE!!!

Postby seanc » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey All,
trying to sell off some gear and I think these would be particularly interesting to you.
I am trying to sell orig 70s mutron III envelope and an Orig 70s Octave.
Both are in good cosmetic condition. But they have seen use and the cases show some scars. These are users and not museum pieces anyway.

Both are pretty rare, AC powered units. No batteries, wallwarts etc. plug them straight into a power strip. The envelope will never suffer from the low/ lack of voltage issue that tends to happen when the batteries are not 100%.

Asking $1300 for the pair. Will consider selling separately.

In Northbridge, Ma.

Worcester/ Providence area Bass player, looking to hook up and play some tunes!!
seanc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Re: MUTRONS!!!! III and OCTAVE!!!

Postby seanc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:45 am

Nobody?? No interest??
Worcester/ Providence area Bass player, looking to hook up and play some tunes!!
seanc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby hogan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:47 am

seanc wrote:Nobody?? No interest??

Since you asked, the price(s) are a bit high for player pieces. They look to be in the $375-$425 neighborhood. You're up against the current state of the economy, and the fact that there are several current production units that sound nearly every bit as good as the original for way less money.
I recently sold a player grade Script logo MXR phase 100 that was in perfect working order but had it's share of paint chips. I see minty ones of the same vintage go on ebay for $350+. I started out by asking $175 considering its appearance and ended up dumping it for $140. That's the nature of the game.
Its not my intention to tell you what to price your stuff at, as this isn't a negotiation. I usually don't comment on asking prices of gear I have no interest in buying, but like I said above "since you asked" and you seem a bit surprised by the lack of action. Regardless good luck w/ the sale.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 pm

...to follow up on hogan..............

especially when buying a "pair" I would be surprised to see a pair of player grade go for more than 750 here. If you sold either individually you might get 450 for one of them.

1300 beans is a chunk of change to drop on 2 pedals at once. They would have to be museum pieces in this economy.
I do wish you luck though, they are great pieces and I wish I had the dough to make a fair offer.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Return to Garage Sale