help me get a new rig sale

Sell and buy at your own risk...

help me get a new rig sale

Postby tcsned » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:48 am

Hey all,
I'm in dire need of a new amp and want one of Brad's preamps and a power amp. So I'm gonna clear out some old and redundant stuff I don't use anymore. Also getting hardware for my under construction guitar and a T-Rex Replica. I'm not putting this stuff on eBay or Craigslist unless I absolutely have to. I am shopping them around locally.

Late 80s Marshall JCM 800 (100w) w/4x10 slant cab. I'm pretty sure it's from 1989. This amp fucking rocks! Not a Jerry amp or for those soft jazz gigs :lol: though if you want to rock . . . :cool: :cool: :cool: Never really gigged with, all original I used it for a couple of theater gigs - Jesus Christ Superstar and Rocky Horror Picture show and played at home a few times. Got it from a guy who only used it at home. $1,000 - there's a 1989 50w no speaker cab on eBay for $1,999. SOLD

Lexicon MPX G2 rack guitar multi effects processor - has it all, sounds awesome. Gigged a lot, not cosmetically pretty. was something like $1,200 new - $300

Roland VG-88 - I got it in trade. I never really used it. Some cool sounds, you need a Roland GK pickup. $200 SOLD

Line 6 Pod XT-Live - got it from a buddy for a backup direct rig. Never actually pulled it out. Good shape - $200 ON HOLD OFFER MADE

I also have a Mesa Boogie Mark 4 1x12 combo and Mesa Boogie V-Twin rack preamp that I might sell too.

PM me if interested.
Last edited by tcsned on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcsned

Re: help me get a new rig sale

Postby tcsned » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:34 am

Marshall is sold - that didn't take long. Thank you heavy metal buddies from high school :cool: :cool: :cool:
tcsned

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:03 am

tcsned wrote:Marshall is sold - that didn't take long. Thank you heavy metal buddies from high school :cool: :cool: :cool:

Awesome, that looked like the toughest piece to move of the lot!
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby tcsned » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:15 am

tigerstrat wrote:
tcsned wrote:Marshall is sold - that didn't take long. Thank you heavy metal buddies from high school :cool: :cool: :cool:

Awesome, that looked like the toughest piece to move of the lot!

No doubt - I thought that would take some time. I'm also gonna sell either the 65 TRRI or the Mesa Mark IV combo . . .
tcsned

Postby strumminsix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:50 am

The XT Live would be a good item to keep, IMO. Can work as a back-up amp or FX rig.
strumminsix

Postby tcsned » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 pm

strumminsix wrote:The XT Live would be a good item to keep, IMO. Can work as a back-up amp or FX rig.

yeah, I know - but I've got a Mesa V-Twin rack preamp to use as a back up when I get the SMS preamp, and a couple of old Boss and Digitech rack effects that are reasonable but not very sellable.
tcsned

Postby strumminsix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:06 pm

tcsned wrote:
strumminsix wrote:The XT Live would be a good item to keep, IMO. Can work as a back-up amp or FX rig.

yeah, I know - but I've got a Mesa V-Twin rack preamp to use as a back up when I get the SMS preamp, and a couple of old Boss and Digitech rack effects that are reasonable but not very sellable.

I was thinking the same way but glad i kept my XT bean. It occurred to me after I first listed it for sale that without it I'd also need a back-up tuner?!
strumminsix

Postby tcsned » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:55 am

Woo-hoo! VG-88 gone, someone made me an offer on the Pod too. If he has $$ it's gone. SMS Preamp will be ordered ASAP!! I didn't think this stuff would go that quickly.

If someone is interested in a Mesa Mark IV 1x12 combo let me know. As soon as I get the new rig tested in I think I'll part with it.

:cool:
tcsned

Postby tcsned » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Woot!! I ordered a SMS preamp today!!! Waiting on a few more $$ to come in and then I think I'm getting a Mesa Boogie Stereo Two:50 for power.
tcsned

Postby deadguise » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Woot!! I ordered a SMS preamp today!!! Waiting on a few more $$ to come in and then I think I'm getting a Mesa Boogie Stereo Two:50 for power.

I just got mine (SMS preamp) the other day, I hooked it up to my Mesa 50/50 which I've owned since 95. I fired it up and heard a bunch of crap and sizzle. I thought Oh No! a bad SMS! But after a little trouble shooting I realized I had one blown E120 (I haven't used this cabinet since I got TRRI Custom) and that my 50/50 has fried. So I hooked it up to a cheap Phonic PA head into another pair of E120s, even with that...wow, :hail: I could still hear a definite improvement.
Can't wait to get the Mesa fixed!
deadguise

Postby jdsmodulus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:20 pm

tcsned wrote:Woot!! I ordered a SMS preamp today!!! Waiting on a few more $$ to come in and then I think I'm getting a Mesa Boogie Stereo Two:50 for power.

Im real interested in this SMS/Mesa rig, I was thinking 50/50 but for me, I think I want the stereo 100? I for sure want a Mesa.
jdsmodulus

Postby strumminsix » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 pm

jdsmodulus wrote:
tcsned wrote:Woot!! I ordered a SMS preamp today!!! Waiting on a few more $$ to come in and then I think I'm getting a Mesa Boogie Stereo Two:50 for power.

Im real interested in this SMS/Mesa rig, I was thinking 50/50 but for me, I think I want the stereo 100? I for sure want a Mesa.

I've thought about it with a 20/20 but then again I have been on an EL84 kick alot lately....
strumminsix

Postby Cmnaround » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:10 pm

I'll vouch for the Mesa set up, both the V-twin rack pre amp and the 20/20 power amp. Built like a tank, amazing tone and also great for both live and direct record. I run 20/20 and it gets way loud. Pics on my myspace in photos. Running into a 2x12 w a mix of tone tubby AlNiCo and ceramic.

Also sounds great running my bass or keys through - the hempcones kick ass. Just added a Q-tron and I was like ahhhhhhh now I see the light.

Anyway, if anyone is questioning a combo vs rig set up, go for the all tube rig - it's awesome - and the Mesa gear is top notch. I'm sure the SMS pre amp could only complement it even more -
Later
Pat
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby tcsned » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:14 pm

I've been thinking about the 20/20 too. If one shows up on eBay for cheap I've been thinking of going that way. I dig the EL84 sound too. It'll be nice to have a stereo rig so I can run a channel to the talk box so it''s not dependent on my stage volume - sometimes too much, sometimes not enough. Can't wait for it to arrive!! Kinda sad to see the JCM800 go but it was never going to be a stage amp just something cool around the house and with a 2 and 3 year-old at home the time I have to actually play at home much less through an amp are pretty darn rare. I'm thinking when I get me Mesa Mark III fixed up I'll put EL34s in it instead of 6L6s . . .

Amp rig well underway - now gotta get hardware, knobs, and shit for the new electric for the total rig makeover :-)
tcsned

Postby Cmnaround » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Yes - running stereo is the other bonus. Sounds way cool with stereo effects and chorus; and a mix of two different speakers. Other bonus is that I will often just run my guitar through one side and then vocals through the other when just me and one or two other people jamming, or vocals and tracks from my 8 track when practicing - at a nice volume too.

Good luck - post some pics when you are all set up-
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Next

Return to Garage Sale