wolf replica complete

Sell and buy at your own risk...

wolf replica complete

Postby softmachine72 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 am

Yes, she is finally done, this is my first wolf prototype I have two more in the works, that should be done by the end of the year. This particular guitar has very small string spacing and a D shaped neck profile, a plus for those of us with small hands.The wiring follows Waldo's schematic exactly complete w/ OBEL. I even had to modify a dual pot to get the 250/500k value wipers. I was able to get my hands on a used Schaller bridge for authenticity. I incorporated the 2 degree neck angle in to the neck carve to eliminate the "pick-up height" issue a lot of builders have had with other replica builds. The rosewood finger board is 24 frets, 25.5 scale, and compound radius. The koi fish tail piece and pick up selector switch cover are stainless-steel and the koi fish are mother of pearl . I am asking $2,500. Thanks for your interest. I am leaving town for a week but, I will try to check my mail .
Thanks,
Leo
Scarlet Fire Guitars

http://s1027.photobucket.com/home/softmachine72/index
softmachine72
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Re: wolf replica complete

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:23 am

softmachine72 wrote:Yes, she is finally done, this is my first wolf prototype I have two more in the works, that should be done by the end of the year. This particular guitar has very small string spacing and a D shaped neck profile, a plus for those of us with small hands.The wiring follows Waldo's schematic exactly complete w/ OBEL. I even had to modify a dual pot to get the 250/500k value wipers. I was able to get my hands on a used Schaller bridge for authenticity. I incorporated the 2 degree neck angle in to the neck carve to eliminate the "pick-up height" issue a lot of builders have had with other replica builds. The rosewood finger board is 24 frets, 25.5 scale, and compound radius. The koi fish tail piece and pick up selector switch cover are stainless-steel and the koi fish are mother of pearl . I am asking $2,500. Thanks for your interest. I am leaving town for a week but, I will try to check my mail .
Thanks,
Leo
Scarlet Fire Guitars

http://s1027.photobucket.com/home/softmachine72/index

Looks great! When you say "very small string spacing" does that mean Gibson-spacing, or narrower?
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby softmachine72 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 am

the original wolf nut according to waldo was 1.67 in this wolf is 1.60 overall. the spacing is equidistant string to string like Jer liked it. the nut is about about the width of a fender mustang. if you have fat fingers this not the guitar for you. My next few will be a little larger.
softmachine72
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby tcsned » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:41 pm

nice work! she's a real looker
tcsned

Postby gdrfk1990 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Sweet !!! Working on my second build right now nothing thst nice though :shock:
gdrfk1990
Ice Cream!