Dual Showman Reverb

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Dual Showman Reverb

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 pm

I know this isn't the classifieds section, but I thought people at this thread may be especially interested. I found this on the steel guitar forum. I don't have any interest in this sale-ad other than that it's a cool amp that someone here may want. His name is Bob Carlucci. Here's his posting and email:
-----------------

I think it is a 1970,possible 71.. No Master..
It works very well, has no known issues and is my main gig amp right now.. I am going to a much lower power Fender head, my Tremolux most likely,,

This amp is loud, strong and clean with deep drippy Fender reverb of course. Its in fair shape cosmetically.. Lots of dings in the tolex.. It looks well used, but not abused... about what you would expect from an old Fender workhorse amp.
Swap me something of equal value.. Tube amps especially, the older the better, heads or combos.
I would think we could trade at around $475-500 or so.. I can add cash or accept cash for trades of lesser value...
This is just too good an amp to sit in the basement . Its super reliable, and runs beautifully quiet, until you hit the strings, and then please don't be too close to the speakers.
Will consider anything cool.
bullet_bob@lycos.com

Re: Dual Showman Reverb

Postby strumminsix » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:49 am

Moved. In reality we all can make a pitch for every thread in every forum.
strumminsix

Postby strummingturtle » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Are the showman heads wired the same as the old twin reverbs?
strummingturtle
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 pm

strummingturtle wrote:Are the showman heads wired the same as the old twin reverbs?

Not the Showman, but the ("Dual" or not) Showman Reverb has the same exact chassis as the Twin Reverb, mounted in a head.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Return to Garage Sale