Brent Mydlands ??? Fender Rhodes for sale

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Brent Mydlands ??? Fender Rhodes for sale

Postby nabco » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Hey Now,
My friend and very great hammond organ player is going to sell his fender rhodes!!!
The story on this is that there is some link that Brent Mydland (my favorite keys player) actually either owned it for a while and maybe used it on Go To Heaven .......... I DUNNO
A mutual friend worked with Dennis McNally before he got FIRED (DMAC got fired that is) and DMAC said that in his records the serial #'s matched up!!!
My friend is looking to sell it and I do not think that he is looking for a higher dollar amount because of the fact that it may have been Mydlands'
He was saying that he wanted around $1,000.00
FYI there is no record of this thing in that "Official Gear Book" or whatever it is called. My guess is not all equipment was noted in that book anyway.
Whatever, just trying to help some friends................ Keep on Playing and having fun with this music it really is something special
Thanks Bob
nabco
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Re: Brent Mydlands ??? Fender Rhodes for sale

Postby ker1227 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:41 pm

i would buy a cheaper one, then oneday sell if for a fortune as "nabco's fender rhodes" :cool:
ker1227
Billy
Billy

Postby nabco » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Hey Kerl I am detecting a bit of a scoff here!!!
I would like to make it clear that THIS IS NOT MY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT and this is not NABCOS' story that I am posting here, just helping a friend.

If anyone is interested I will put you in direct contact with my friend who owns it. if there is no interest then no worrys.
The Rhodes does work great by the way , no problems as far as I know of.
Just please hold off on any scoffing because you do not know me or any of these people or where we get our equipment or where equipment the DEAD maybe used for a brief time is or went, basically you do not know anything as I do not know anything about it so PLEASE, IT REALLY IS NOT FUNNY!!!
nabco
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby JonnyBoy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:51 pm

The serial numbers wouldn't lie, and neither would someone with nothing to gain from it, unless they're a sociopath. That sounds cool, maybe we can find some gear shots? Is he certain about what time this was used by Brent? I have no doubt that this could be as you say, there is PLENTY of old dead gear floating around, and this could be worth more than 1K to someone that collects instruments... I wish I played keys, or had a $1000 to spend for that matter. I just bought a Mac amp on the Bay I'm trying to figure out how to pay for without the MRS. getting hairy! :? I'll try and look through some pics i have access to to see if I see a Rhodes in his arsenal. I have never noticed if he ever had one set up live...
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:41 am

A modified Rhodes is one of Brent's signature sounds, especially in the early years. His was "Dyno'd" - a process that involves moving the pickups much closer to the vibrating tines and some other adjustments and electronic changes.

http://www.fenderrhodes.com/history/dyno.php

It sounds roughly like what you get when you pound on the keys of a normal Rhodes beyond all human keyboard finger strength, you get all attack, no midrange.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby tcsned » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:00 am

I had a buddy who put Elmer's glue on the hammers. Stiffened the rubber up a bit and got more bright attack - especially as they age the hammers get mushy.
tcsned

Postby ugly rumor » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:08 am

But wouldn't they then stick to the strings? :?:
Gone are the days we stopped to decide where we should go, we just ride...
ugly rumor
Bear
Bear

Postby strumminsix » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 am

ugly rumor wrote:But wouldn't they then stick to the strings? :?:

Elmers has this really unique formula, not found in any other glue, whereby it dries in a few hours :lol: :lol: :lol:
strumminsix

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Doesn't rubber harden when it gets older?
Rusty the Scoob

Postby strumminsix » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Doesn't rubber harden when it gets older?

I assumed he was talking about the earlier felt tip vs the neoprene
strumminsix

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Hmmm... now I'm curious as Caroline's Rhodes has all rubber tips, some with wood with a chisel shape and some with just soft pads of rubber.

Here we go. They had felt tips like a grand piano prior to 1970 and rubber tips afterward, exactly like you said.

http://www.fenderrhodes.com/service/hammer-tips.php
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Poor Peter » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:55 pm

nabco wrote:Hey Kerl I am detecting a bit of a scoff here!!!
I would like to make it clear that THIS IS NOT MY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT and this is not NABCOS' story that I am posting here, just helping a friend.

If anyone is interested I will put you in direct contact with my friend who owns it. if there is no interest then no worrys.
The Rhodes does work great by the way , no problems as far as I know of.
Just please hold off on any scoffing because you do not know me or any of these people or where we get our equipment or where equipment the DEAD maybe used for a brief time is or went, basically you do not know anything as I do not know anything about it so PLEASE, IT REALLY IS NOT FUNNY!!!

Your right it's not funny, it's hilarious.
Poor Peter
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Garage Sale