wof tailpieces for sale

Sell and buy at your own risk...

wof tailpieces for sale

Postby softmachine72 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:35 am

Just back from the machine shop. Wolf replica tailpieces at competitive prices. You can get them with or without abalone engraved coy fish, or with or without purple heart mounting base. I have them in stock. no month+ wait. Dead Heads who want to outfit your replicas with the right look give me shout. http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/softmachine72/
softmachine72
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Re: wof tailpieces for sale

Postby brutusbuck45 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:36 pm

I saw in your pics that you have an entire brass layer that appears to be destined for your Tiger body. Have you built a Tiger before in this way? I may be wrong but I believe Irwin only used the brass "ribbon" inlaid around the body. I was wondering what affect, if any, that brass layer has on the overall tone. And are you using any other type of internal fastener besides just gluing the sandwich layers. Great pics and nice work!
brutusbuck45
Phil
Phil

Postby hogan » Fri May 07, 2010 2:20 pm

How much?
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby softmachine72 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:46 pm

I ended up not using that piece, for weight reasons.I ended up inlaying 1/16 square brass rod. turned the layer in to pick up ring. Thanks to waldo's great advice. I've built several tiger/rosebud's but i had never done the brass work.kind of intimidating . BTW the tailpieces are $120.00 w/ THE abalone coy fish,$110.00 for Mother of pearl. $ 100.00 no inlay or you can add yourself. Although there are not many good pics of the tail piece after much study I was able to ascertain that those pockets contain little engraved coy fish.
softmachine72
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Return to Garage Sale