AO Guitars--Custom Cables

Sell and buy at your own risk...

AO Guitars--Custom Cables

Postby aoguitars » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the killer response in my new line of custom cables! I'm doing my best to use top-quality stuff while keeping the cost down and affordable--these cables are built for rugged use, and are tremendously shielded for extremely noiseless use. Below is some info and a pricelist for what's cranking out of here:

Currently, all cables are made with Canare , Mogami or Belden wire.

All Plugs are Professional-Grade Neutrik Straights, Right Angles and Silents (Silent Straights and RAs kill the signal when unplugged without popping the amp, so you don’t have to turn anything off between guitar changes, etc). These plugs are built for a lifetime of use, have great strain relief, and can take an amazing amount of abuse.

All of these cables are hand-soldered and tested by me here in the shop and made immediately to order--I can usually get to your order within a day or two, provided I have everything in stock. Any length or type can be made, so inquire for special lengths and applications--Stereo cables for you guys with Onboard Effects Loops, Snakes, XLRs, Speak-Ons for your PA, you name it—if I don’t have it, I can get it and make it. I’m also making Canare or Belden Speaker Hook-up Cables either for your Combo Amp (with various connectors available, or stripped for direct soldering to your speaker's terminals) or for your Head-to-Cabinet connections. These can make a huge difference over the cheap lamp-cord speaker wire used in most amps.

For rugged stage use, I like to add a product called Techflex to the runs of cable over 12” patch cords. It is basically a plastic mesh (kind of like the old Chinese Finger Traps) that is put on over the cable and protects it from cuts and abrasion from being stepped on and stuff. The cable still remains extremely flexible, and winds nicely. It currently comes in 19 colors. Check out the color wheel at: http://techflex.com/prod_PTN.asp for all the available styles. If I don't have what you want, I can usually get it in just a couple of days.

Canare Cable, Straight Plug-to-Straight Plug :

6”—12"...........$11.00
3’.................$16.50
6’.................$21.00
9’.................$25.50
12’................$30.00
15’................$36.00
20’................$42.00

Canare cable comes in Black, Red, Blue, Orange
Mogami only comes in Black
Belden is Blue

Right Angle Plugs = add $2/plug (not per cable)
Neutrik Silent Plug = add $8
Techflex = add .50/foot

Any color combination of Canare and Techflex can be made, just be sure to specify when ordering.

In addition to the cables, I have also built Custom Pedalboards. I’m also willing to hand-wire your existing pedalboard with new cables, if you’d like a professional, tight installation done for you. I'm also a PedalTrain dealer, so I can hook you up with a new board, all wired and ready to go--just send me your pedals. Feel free to call if you have any ideas that you’d like to talk about.

COMING SOON: I've been asked by a few guys here about Custom Speaker Cabinets, and am thinking about putting a few into production if the demand is there. Please let me know if it's something that you may be interested in, and I'll look into building a few.

If you have any questions whatsoever or to place an order, feel free to call or email anytime!

Canare GS6 is a specially designed Oxygen Free Copper 18 AWG cable for connecting Guitar/Bass or Keyboards to amps, mixers, effects pedals and all outboard signal processing gear. Low capacitance and low series resistance provides improved frequency response (flat to 50kHz). A bright, ringing characteristic sound is preserved, even when using HI-Z guitar pickups with long cable runs. The proprietary double Carbon/Braid Copper shield construction eliminates microphonic handling noise, especially on stage where amps are often set at maximum volume levels. Also highly recommended for Amp Head to Speaker Cabinet leads.

Mogami has been revered by Audio Professionals for almost 50 years. It is undeniably the standard in Music Recording and Post Production facilities worldwide. Mogami guitar cable allows uncommonly clear, accurate, transparent tone, with dead silent background. Since our research has shown that many guitarists actually prefer to move around while playing, we use carbon impregnated PVC as an additional shield layer to eliminate any handling noise. Use for any unbalanced instrument, pedals, patching, etc.

Black TechFlex on Red Canare:

Red Canare, Blue Canare:

Red Canare 6" Patches:

Some TechFlex Colors:
Last edited by aoguitars on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: AO Guitars--Custom Cables 10% off during March

Postby strumminsix » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Wow! Nice, dude. Wish I woulda seen this a few days back...
strumminsix

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Does the Techflex really come in that red/white/blue striped color? I couldn't find it on their site, but of course that's the one I want. :smile:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby aoguitars » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Ha! Sorry, strumminsix...I didn't want to post it in the main GD Gear section and get yelled at for being spammy. I knew it was kind of hidden in here.

And Rusty, it does come in that color...I think it's called Hero. I can get it if you want it!
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby mijknahs » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Andrew,

Can you make stereo cables as well?

Thanks,
Jim
mijknahs

Postby aoguitars » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Sure can, Jim. What exactly are you looking for?
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby mijknahs » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 am

I'm thinking of getting 2x12' Canare blue cables. One would be a normal mono cable with right angle plugs on both ends and the other a stereo cable with right angle stereo plugs (tip/ring/sleeve) on both ends.

Thanks,
Jim
mijknahs

Postby aoguitars » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:24 am

Oh yeah, that's no problem at all. Do you want them bound together, too? Techflex works great for that.

Feel free to email me at: andrew@aoguitars.com if you want to talk about it.
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby strumminsix » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:35 am

aoguitars wrote:Ha! Sorry, strumminsix...I didn't want to post it in the main GD Gear section and get yelled at for being spammy. I knew it was kind of hidden in here.

And Rusty, it does come in that color...I think it's called Hero. I can get it if you want it!

No, no, no, you did nothing wrong, dude! I recall your post but my decision was more of a fit of blind ambition and frustration!

My #1 rig is a 100+ pound of a rack that's not easily portable but has my FAVORITE pedals. I then bought an M13 for portability.

Each time I missed my Phaser (Maxon PH350) and drive (Barber LTD SR) so I ended up buying doubles of those for a small board!

But as I was doing this I spend soooo much time looking for a new 350 (found one in NJ of all places) that I went fast and easy for cables!
strumminsix

Postby aoguitars » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:20 am

there's always something to be said for fast and easy, dude!

your rig sound like fun :)
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:39 am

I'll vouch for the cables - they were fast and easy! Showed up in just a few days, very nicely packaged. I'll play through this one tonight and take some action shots. It's a 20' Mogami with a right-angled silent plug and one regular straight plug, with Techflex in "Patriot"... should be called US Blues. It also came with the cable wrap, pretty nice little bonus! I add them to all my cables and this one is extra nice - it works exactly like the ones I like but the velcro is nicer.

Various sizes of these pics can be downloaded here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danfcrea/4 ... 2/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danfcrea/4 ... 5/sizes/l/
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:22 am

And rig pics from last night per AO request. Cable worked great! I couldn't quite bring my self to test the Silent Plug through my gig rig including a borrowed 15"... I'll test it on my cheapo practice amp later. :lol: It looks very cool under the lights - the stripes are subtle and the cable has kind of a nice shimmer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danfcrea/4 ... 4/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danfcrea/4 ... 3/sizes/l/
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Lembic » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:36 am

RTS,
Now that was too much tease, pics of the bass, Pleaseeee...

Lembic
Lembic
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby jdsmodulus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:17 am

Nice Rusty, but put that bass on a stand! :shock:
jdsmodulus

Postby mijknahs » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah, that bass looks killer!
mijknahs