FS: Homemade 2 x 12 Speaker Cabinets

Sell and buy at your own risk...

FS: Homemade 2 x 12 Speaker Cabinets

Postby Peaks Rhythm » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Hey now,

Last summer I bought the materials to build 3 speaker cabs. I built one and have used it for all of my gigs since then. This summer I built the other 2 and am now offering them for sale. The speaker cabs are made of 3/4" baltic birch plywood, heavy duty steel handles, neutrik 1/4" locking jacks, Belden 8473 14-gauge wire, machined aluminum speaker clamps, and finished with polyurethane. The front panel is 1/2" birch plywood and is held on using neodymium magnets.

I decided to build these since I did not have the means to get a real Hard Truckers cabinet. The craftsmanship is rock solid (Dado joints, glued and screwed. I can stand and jump on mine), but admittedly somewhat sloppy (No jig, so the holes are not perfect. Some glue visible, etc.) They weigh 40 lbs each empty.

I'm asking for $250 each plus shipping from upstate New York. The old JBL E-120 and Emminence Commonwealth speakers are in one cabinet for the picture only and are not included. Some pics are attached below. PM with any questions

Thanks,
Lenny
Least I'm enjoying the ride.

www.myspace.com/highpeaksband
Peaks Rhythm
bruce
bruce

Return to Garage Sale