Wood and Brass guitar

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Wood and Brass guitar

Postby Kennay » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:57 am

I bought this guitar used at a music store in Cotati Ca. It had a big sign saying Alembic. It had Alembic written on the pickups. I paid 1,299 plus tax for it. I took it to Susan and Mica at Alembic. They went over it and pointed out a few flaws that they said what never made it past their production line. The flaws were a few minor imperfections in the wood grain and dull inlay on the fingerboard.They said it was made by a builder who worked there I think named Peter Page. I had brass volume and tone knobs and a brass back plate made there for a bit over $150. The guitar is build like a brick shit-house. It`s a Frankenstein that most resembles a Skylark. Brass bridge, adjustable brass nut, active pickups (2 single, 1 humbucker), double truss rods. I`m not sure what the woods are. It`s not a true hippy sandwich but the top is brown with that black grain running across and there is a reddish wood underneath. Thru body neck. It sounds great to my ears. It just does`nt sound as good as my Tribute and is not as versatile. Oh, I sanded Alembic off the pickups so that it can`t misrepresented again. I did this with utmost respect to Ron, Susan and Mica. They`re really nice people with an absolute commitment to quality and I did what I could to make sure their good name is not besmirched. Guitar comes with a beautiful custom made airline case that came with my Tribute. Those of you with nice guitars might consider this package just for the case. No pictures because I don`t have or need a camera but I think I`ve given you a good picture of what it is. Make me a fair offer and it`s yours. PM me if intersted. Thanks for reading!
Kennay
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Wood and Brass guitar

Postby astroman99 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:25 am

If they were Alembic pick-ups, I don't understan why you sanded the name off.
I understand you want to prevent the guitar from being labelled an Alembic but
... how do the pick-ups look?
I have a series II from 1977
astroman99

Postby Kennay » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 am

astroman99 wrote:If they were Alembic pick-ups, I don't understan why you sanded the name off.
I actually used a scour pad. There`s still a trace of the word Alembic on them but not in gold. The pickups look fine and it plays the same. I did this because Susan and Mica told me the guitar kept being bought as an Alembic and coming back to their factory and they were upset about it. At first I was very upset with the store I bought it from because I thought I was was getting a score on a real Alembic. I`m just trying to ensure nobody gets fooled again. A little good karma into the karma pool I hope. So it is what it is. Y`all know where it came from and you have my word that it is a great sounding guitar for the Jerry-Bobby thingy. I`m diggin it! But I need new gear!
Kennay
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby astroman99 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Kennay wrote:
astroman99 wrote:If they were Alembic pick-ups, I don't understan why you sanded the name off.
I actually used a scour pad. There`s still a trace of the word Alembic on them but not in gold. The pickups look fine and it plays the same. I did this because Susan and Mica told me the guitar kept being bought as an Alembic and coming back to their factory and they were upset about it. At first I was very upset with the store I bought it from because I thought I was was getting a score on a real Alembic. I`m just trying to ensure nobody gets fooled again. A little good karma into the karma pool I hope. So it is what it is. Y`all know where it came from and you have my word that it is a great sounding guitar for the Jerry-Bobby thingy. I`m diggin it! But I need new gear!

Cool, good luck!
astroman99

Postby Kennay » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:45 am

Happy to report it`s spoken for. For now anyway. I`ve decided to trade the package for some mods to my CVR RI. Have to smooth out the details but I`m taking it off the block for now.
Kennay
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Garage Sale