Tiger Buffer Clone

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Re: Tiger Buffer Clone

Postby dleonard » Mon May 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Has there ever been an agreed upon way to install the buffer into a Strat? Battery placement? Also, what could I expect someone to charge me to install this? Thanks
dleonard
Bear
Bear

Postby waldo041 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:24 pm

i would have to say that blocking the trem and removing the springs makes the space remaining as the ideal spot in a strat.

check out mattsons strat trem cavity.

but there are other clever ways to go about this and both will fit under the pickguard if planned out properly. the only thing with the battery in there is the need to change it out from time to time.

as for pricing that can probably be better answered by some here who have to get this work done.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby T3RRAPIN » Tue May 04, 2010 12:41 pm

How about a Les Paul? Is there any way this will fit w/ the battery without hacking up my baby?
-Dylan
T3RRAPIN
Vince
Vince

Postby waldo041 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:44 pm

if they can fit the bigger jangletone and battery in a les paul(warren haynes 58 reissue), i am sure the TPC1 and battery will fit just fine. :smile:

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby T3RRAPIN » Tue May 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Nice Pic. Now you have me interseted..
Right now i just run a volume pedal after my FX and leave my guitar vol dimed. and this works great.
Im also using a GCX . My chain goes Guit> RMC Wah> GCX Buffered in> FX> Vol> Etc...
So the TPC would essentially strengthen the signal from the guitar to the GCX where it hits its first buffer
(unless the wah is on)right? Would it then be recommended to run the unbufferd input on the GCX if using a TPC?
Or does it matter?

Also, any tips and/or pics of how to mount the TPC like warrens jangletone?

Thanks in advance.. Look forward to my purchase!
-Dylan
T3RRAPIN
Vince
Vince

Postby tigerstrat » Tue May 04, 2010 4:08 pm

In my strat, the TPC-1 is under my pickguard, and the battery is in the jack cavity: You just flip the jackplate over, reverse the TRS jack, and voila: 9v battery fits down there with about a millimeter to spare
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby T3RRAPIN » Wed May 05, 2010 10:25 am

bump
T3RRAPIN
Vince
Vince

Postby waldo041 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:26 am

T3RRAPIN wrote:Nice Pic. Now you have me interseted..
Right now i just run a volume pedal after my FX and leave my guitar vol dimed. and this works great.
Im also using a GCX . My chain goes Guit> RMC Wah> GCX Buffered in> FX> Vol> Etc...
So the TPC would essentially strengthen the signal from the guitar to the GCX where it hits its first buffer
(unless the wah is on)right?

correct, since you run the wah before the GCX, when the wah is on, it will be providing the last active circuit driving the chain when nothing is on in the GCX. turn something on in the GCX and it becomes the line driving signal to the amp.

T3RRAPIN wrote:Would it then be recommended to run the unbufferd input on the GCX if using a TPC?
Or does it matter?

you would want to use the NON buffered input of the GCX once you go with an onboard buffer. that is kinda of the whole reason for true bypassing all the effects in the GCX. you only need one, and more then one can/will degrade the signal.

T3RRAPIN wrote:Also, any tips and/or pics of how to mount the TPC like warrens jangletone?

Thanks in advance.. Look forward to my purchase!

i don't see any screws or plastic standoffs, so they either glued it down, or used some of that 3m cushioned double sided tape. that's actually what is holding Mattson's TPC in place in the strat pictured in this thread.

HTH!

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Previous

Return to Garage Sale