Tiger Buffer Clone

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Tiger Buffer Clone

Postby waldo041 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:49 pm

see below
Last edited by waldo041 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Re: Tiger Buffer Clone

Postby waldo041 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:04 am

Tiger Preamp Clones
http://www.waldelectronics.org/

peace,
waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby hogan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:36 am

Not looking for any drama, but did you etch your own boards? If so, they look nice. I'm starting to tire of perf/vero and might take the plunge. Playing around w/ this lately tends to motivate , http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/DIY-Layout-Creator.shtml

extra mojo for the box caps and the jumbo orange drop.
regards ~MJH
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby waldo041 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:16 am

hogan wrote:Not looking for any drama, but did you etch your own boards? If so, they look nice. I'm starting to tire of perf/vero and might take the plunge. Playing around w/ this lately tends to motivate , http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/DIY-Layout-Creator.shtml

extra mojo for the box caps and the jumbo orange drop.
regards ~MJH

no drama here either! LOL

Yes, i do etch, drill and cut my own boards. AND used the DIY Layout Creator. that is a great program, especally, if you are tinkering around with a new design or reworking an old one. it's also great if you don't plan on mass producing some circuits. i do recommend it, and would help out in any way in getting you started. my next plunge probably would be to get some cad files made for my boards and getting them made for me. it is the most time consuming aspect of the whole build.

thanks for noticing the caps, a big part of the circuit!

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:16 am

Feel the love! :cheers:
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby hogan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 am

is that a shot of the whole board and why the scrubbed values(or are they facing the other direction?)
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby waldo041 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:05 pm

there is a resistor in place but missing from view because of the picture angle. the scrubbing of the components was a technique i learned from CAE sound. i just followed suit. it in no way hinders the performance of the buffer/preamp, just the copying of it.

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby waldo041 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:45 am

edited
Last edited by waldo041 on Wed May 20, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waldo041

Postby hogan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 am

It might be my monitor but your pics seem to be too big. THey keep getting chopped off on the right hand side. Either way it's interesting.
How about a schematic?
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
hogan

Postby strumminsix » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:34 am

hogan wrote:It might be my monitor but your pics seem to be too big. THey keep getting chopped off on the right hand side. Either way it's interesting.
How about a schematic?

Someone here has old man resolution on their monitor :lol:

Depending on your machine & browser you may be able to right click on it and view the image on its own/not in the forum.

Schematic? I think I'll just put that on the list of things I'll never know...
Schematic of Tiger Buffer Clone
The colonel's 11 secret herbs & spices
McD's special sauce (it's gotta be more than ketchup + 1000 island)
What's in the briefcase on Pulp Fiction
Why bad things happen to good people
strumminsix

Postby waldo041 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:05 pm

July 1, 2009 ALL PREAMPS WILL BE MADE TO ORDER PLEASE ALLOW 10 days to 2 weeks for delivery

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby rob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Just got mine in the mail today (thanks Mike)! I just wanted to say that it looks extremely well built and very nicely thought out. I'm totally psyched to install it in my new project! 8)

Rob
rob
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby waldo041 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 am

rob wrote:Just got mine in the mail today (thanks Mike)! I just wanted to say that it looks extremely well built and very nicely thought out. I'm totally psyched to install it in my new project! 8)

Rob

rob

thanks for the kind words!
waldo041

Postby KCJones » Mon May 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Coming from an electronics neophyte ... Just wondering, can this buffer be made to be used with some other type of battery besides a standard 9V; like a dime size lithium found in small electronics and watches, etc?, without any loss of quality or funcionality. Thinking this would more readily fit in a guitar cavity without having to make space and route wood.
KCJones
Billy
Billy

Location: Kansas City, MO via Buffalo NY, San Diego CA, San Jose CA and Wash DC

Postby waldo041 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:14 pm

KCJones wrote:Coming from an electronics neophyte ... Just wondering, can this buffer be made to be used with some other type of battery besides a standard 9V; like a dime size lithium found in small electronics and watches, etc?, without any loss of quality or funcionality. Thinking this would more readily fit in a guitar cavity without having to make space and route wood.

i have been researching this already, but haven't found the solution yet. it is a great idea though!

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Next

Return to Garage Sale