Selling my Resurrection Bolt guitar

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Selling my Resurrection Bolt guitar

Postby myoung6923 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:43 pm

I am selling my Resurrection Bolt "clone" guitar in ebay if anyone is interested.

http://tinyurl.com/23vppr

Feel free to contact me or Resurrection for further information.

Mike
myoung6923

yo man...

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Why are you selling the Bolt?Something you dont like?I'm saving up my pennies to get one;do you think they are worth the flow$?
Tennessee Jedi

Postby myoung6923 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:23 pm

They are absolutely worth the $$.

I am selling it because I have left the Dead band that I've been the lead guitar in.

I'm not sure which direction musically I'll go in next - weather it be another dead band, something else or what. But, for the time being I'm setting up and acoustic duo to do some local shows and I really need the $$ to finance a PA system for that.

Also, I have a PRS custom 24 that I had modded with effects loop, EMG buffer that has a great tone in itself. While not as good at the dead stuff as the Resurrection, it does ok.

So, it's just a matter of gear transition. I would have NEVER sold it if I was still playing in a Dead band.
myoung6923

Dude...

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:34 pm

its your life but you could get a P.A for a duo thats way less than The Resurrection.Hold on to it ,man!
Tennessee Jedi

Postby myoung6923 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:47 pm

Nah - I want to get a PA that's expandable - not just a powered mixer sort of thing. I'll be getting speakers, monitors, amps, mixer, eq's... I want have the ability to use it or expand on it for bigger things if I go that route.

I hear what you're saying, but:
1) I don't have the cash to get even a small PA
2) Likely the guitar will sit in a corner when I could put that potential to better use.

The guitar really is a beauty and it is almost like selling off one of your children - but sometimes sacrifices must be made in order to go forward.
myoung6923

Hear ya...

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Hey you got a great "back-up git"in The PRS anyway so I hear ya.Wish I could help you out and take it off your hands.Does it have the Fx loop?Good luck...
Tennessee Jedi

Postby myoung6923 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:03 pm

Yes it has the effects loop - all the pics and details are on the ebay listing.
myoung6923

real beauty

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:15 pm

What a beautiful guitar.Bet it goes fast.
Tennessee Jedi

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:04 am

Nice guitar i have one of Tim and Pats guitars myself. I would never want to get rid of it but i understand your circumstance. I wish i had the money to buy yours how sweet it would be to have two bolt replica's. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting rid of that beauty good luck with the new gig. If anybody has the money to spend i highly suggest you snag this guitar up considering it would take around 18 months to have one made.
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby strumminsix » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:13 am

Dude, seriously, don't sell it.

It's a once in a lifetime guitar.

PA's come and go.
strumminsix

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:59 am

I second that emotion, don't replace the guitar with a PA.

Over the years I have put together a PA worth about $8,000 bucks. A friend of mine uses the board, 2 of the effects/power amp racks, (EQ,FX,Crossovers are must haves in each) and floor wedges for his band's rehearsal space, and all of the mains, stands, 24 channel snake with 100' cable, XLR and 1/4 "cables, mics, and subwoofer are in storage in my house as I don't have the room or the need to set it up. I would much rather have spent less money and taken up less space in my home and friends' homes storing it.

Any good venue has a PA, you never want to be stuck traveling with a big one, so unless you are putting together a home rehearsal space and have a decked out space that needs a PA, or you are starting a live sound reinforcement company don't do it.

If you are going to buy something for an acoustic duo, buy a small one, and there is nothing wrong with a powered mixer. In fact, it couldn't be more right. It makes your life so much easier, trust me, I lugged my huge PA around for years doing private parties and it was a HUUUUUUUGE mistake not to have something smaller, lighter, and easier to set up and run. Not to mention, the powered mixers are much cheaper and you should spend your money on really good microphones and EQ's for your acoustics first otherwise it is all a waste.

Until you do it a few times, you have no idea what a pain it is to carry around three racks each with a very heavy power amp at the bottom. 2 mains, a sub, a pair of floor wedges, snake, Speakon cables, mic stands, everything. It is overkill. Not to mention the pain and cost of maintenance.

My advice is to find something light and easy to set up. Something that doesn't require a sound man to adjust while you are performing. Spend your money on some very nice vocal mics and EQ's for your guitars.

That being said, don't get rid of the axe.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby Panda Licker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:04 am

For a small accoustic act, have you considered buying one of those bose tower PA Systems?

My cousin runs one. I played with him at a party with it, and it works suprisingly well. Great sound, and could be heard clearly a good 50 feet away, outdoors in the woods too with wind and everything going

that wasnt nearly as loud as it could play either. Plus, it took him about 20 minutes total to set up. He swears by that thing.

Another thing is you dont need a monitor. Sitting infront of it, the band can hear themselves pretty much just as well as the audience can.
http://www.graceworksmusic.com/Review%20BOSE%20PAS.htm
Spanish lady come to me, she lays on me this rose.
Panda Licker
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby myoung6923 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:22 am

I appreciate the advice - and I do know that it's a once in a lifetime guitar - very true. But it's not going to do me a lot of good sitting in the corner. I don't know if I'll be getting another electric band together again - I'm 41, with 3 kids and I just don't know that I have the time or the energy to go about putting another band together from scratch. Even if I do, I still have a Paul Reed Smith custom 24 modded with effects loop and EMG JG2 buffer. That in itself is almost a once in a lifetime guitar - that one I won't part with.

And I'm also intimately familiar with PA's, and lugging gear and requirements for clubs and such. I've been in bands more or less continuously since I've been about 16. I have owned small powered systems in the past - and while they've worked fine for some applications they have their limitations. Often a lot of big clubs DO have their own PA's and sound guys - I don't see that I'll playing acoustic duo gigs in big clubs though. Most little bars and such do not have their own gear and if they do it's often substandard. It's hit or miss weather or not a venue will have gear and not something to rely on.

I want a PA that I can expand on if needed. Example - if I do get an electric band going again, then I want to be able to upgrade the amps, or speakers, or even the board to accomodate. Also, I want the flexibilty to be able to run direct outs from each channel, subgroups, or bus for recording. I'm also a nut for hearing myself clearly and I definitely need monitors - again, also this would be something that could be utilized or upgraded for an electric band should I need it.

This hasn't been a decision that I made lightly. I fully understand my needs and reasons for selling it. It would be a shame if the guitar did end up sitting in my closet - as opposed to passing it on and letting someone else get he use and enjoyment out of it. The guitar deserves a good home...
myoung6923

Postby strumminsix » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:20 am

Didn't realize you the love you have for your PRS.

So the Res is a sweet guitar but sounds like the PRS is really your main guitar?
strumminsix

Postby myoung6923 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:35 am

Well, I'm no longer in the Dead band that I've been in for the past couple of years. For that band the Rez was my main guitar. When I play in other projects - I also sometimes sit in for another Dead band in the Bobby role - I use the PRS.

So, for most of what I do, the Rez is just for the Jerry stuff - since I'm no longer doing that (at this point at least) the PRS is my main guitar.
myoung6923

Next

Return to Garage Sale