SOLD SSP 2X12 cab, tie dye grillcloth. padded LeCover

Sell and buy at your own risk...

SOLD SSP 2X12 cab, tie dye grillcloth. padded LeCover

Postby Jon S. » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:11 am

SOLD

Holiday price cut: $329 CONUS PayPal/insured/shipped. That's 40% off street new (cab + grillcloth upgrade + cover). And you won't have to wait on your order - I'll ship quickly.

Excellent condition, Sound Scaper Productions (SSP) half cab (2X12), stock aluminum speaker clamps, stock metal cup handles, unloaded, with custom tie dye grillcloth (upcharge when ordered new) and full (top, sides and bottom) custom-fitted,padded LeCover (a separate purchase - not included or available with a new cab). $369 CONUS PayPal/insured/shipped. PM me to purchase or ask questions.

This cab maximizes what I'd call the "size" to tone ratio": it's nearly as compact as a 2X12 can be yet sounds large. The physical dimensions are 14.75" L x 13" W (deep) by 29" high.

The info. below is from SSP’s web page. For this cab, substitute “custom tie dye grill cloth cover” for “wooden speaker cover.” The current wiring is separate input jacks per speaker. Perfect for a dual output power amp; rewire in minutes for a single input with parallel output; or use a speaker output splitter like this one* to run 4 ohms out into two 8 ohm speakers.

* http://www.primelec.com/14-inch-microphone-mono-consumer-electronics-other-p9484426

If the pics get "cut off" in your browser, right click and open them in new tabs.

The cab, as you can see, is in overall superb condition. Couple of notes. There is one small spot on a corner where there’s a bit of a “dent” in the wood. It’s hard to see and in fact the cab arrived new with it but I’m mentioning it. Also, as you can see in the pics, there are four small white “circles” on the top. Those are to hold the also-pictured, and included-with-the-cab, four velcroed rubber feet. The feet are perfect if you want to use the cab in a vertical orientation with a rack unit on top of it or a larger footprint head (the bottom of the rack or head will rest on the feet, protecting the cab and reducing vibration). Otherwise, pull the feet and sit your small footprint’s head’s feet (or nothing) on the top of the cab.

SSP Custom cabinets.
Half cab.
One half the size of the 4x12 cabinet, twice the size of a 1x12.
400.00 with a wooden speaker cover and aluminum speaker clamps.
(pictured on this page).
Tie dye grille and see through grill is extra.
Attached with neodymium magnets. Comes wired, 2 mono speaker jacks, with eight aluminum speaker clamps and 5/16" hex head bolts attached with T-nuts.

http://www.soundscaperproductions.com/page0/page0.html

Here are additional pics (of the same model cab) from the builder's web site:

(1) SSP 2X12 w/Mel Seals, formerly of the Jerry Garcia Band, and Tracy Lowe, who builds them:

(2) SSP 2X12 w/Stu Allen, also ex-Jerry Garcia Band:

Holiday price cut: [COLOR="Red"]$329[/COLOR] CONUS PayPal/insured/shipped.
Last edited by Jon S. on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Re: *price cut* SSP 2X12 cab, tie dye grillcloth. padded LeC

Postby Phishfan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:43 pm

PM sent.
Phishfan
tiger
tiger

merci

Postby Apenvenetwign » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:37 am

Merci pour ces references interessantes.
Comme l’affirme lui-meme Van Gogh :
« N'oublions pas que les petites emotions sont les grands capitaines de nos vies et qu'a celles-la nous y obeissons sans le savoir. »
Apenvenetwign
welcome
welcome

Re: SOLD SSP 2X12 cab, tie dye grillcloth. padded LeCover

Postby Smolder » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:32 pm

damn... how'd I miss this???
Smolder

Postby Jon S. » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:14 am

Smolder wrote:damn... how'd I miss this???

It must have been the same way you also missed it in The Gear Page Emporium. :P

I loved that cab but having moved to a pair of JBLs that have replaced my former pair of neo speakers and my back being what it is, moving the JBLs into a 2X12 was out of the question. I still am using SSP cabs - my faves, love 'em! - and I'm even using the same basic tie dye pattern from the same artist - love that, too - but now I have a pair of 1X12s instead. :D
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby Smolder » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:36 am

Yah... a 2z12 is not optimal for gigging for me anymore... though it's as much a volume issue as anything. I'm now doing a 1x12 or 1x15... but I'd like to have a good jbl oriented 2x12 to keep in my rehearsal space and the two avatar vintage cabs, while they work great for other speakers, make for an all too boomy tone with jbls.
Smolder

Return to Garage Sale