Deads Use Of High End Audio Gear For Sound

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Re: Deads Use Of High End Audio Gear For Sound

Postby strumminsix » Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 am

Mostdead wrote:Hello Everyone,
It was always great to see the Dead using High End Audio gear for their sound. I must have attended over 250 shows beginning in the early 70's and it never ceased to amaze at all the configurations they used. Having several very well known audiophile people with them always added to the great sound at the shows. I play music almost daily and find that the better the gear the better the groove. I just picked up a Guitar Circuit power cord and man what a difference. I've always used line treatment and audiophile guitar cords, being in the audio business, but this new power cord is kill. For those who want some info here's the link, http://www.sanibelhifi.com/_store/Displ ... itar_CirP1. I'm going to start reporting on all the show and music I've gathered due to Dead influence. Mostdead

So do I understand this is your product and your business?
strumminsix

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:03 am

wolftigerrosebud wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:Nice try, but I really don't appreciate pushy, over bearing, false fact flaunting, unknowledgable, boasting, pathetic, money sucking, term dropping salesmen.

It all rolls into one. :lol:

Sure does :-) :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri May 04, 2012 6:31 am

Those amps look nice, but a bit too pricy. Are there any musicians you endorse that play or use your gear? Not to sure about the power cord issue either, for that price you could be using a more conductive/precious metal than copper. I assume from the mark up of your cord, that the amps must be at a 2000% gross profit markup also? unfortunately as a consumer of finer audio things that turns me off to the possibility of buying. The amps are priced more than a McIntosh too. Good luck, but you will have a tough sale here without endorsing someone we all trust to vouch for your products. just an idea.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby seamones » Fri May 04, 2012 7:00 am

I actually agree with MostDead.

Without you having most glorious item, you are not greatest #1 Daedhead fan. Even Don Hurly, has used item many times with doing with the actual Greatful Deads.

It is only way to have truest sound of honorable Jerome John "Jerry" Garcia (August 1, 1942 – August 9, 1995) was an American musician best known for his lead guitar work, singing and songwriting with the band the Grateful Dead.
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby BDI » Fri May 04, 2012 7:09 am

^^^ :lol:
"If you get confused just listen to the music play..."
BDI
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby seamones » Fri May 04, 2012 7:13 am

JonnyBoy wrote:Those amps look nice, but a bit too pricy. Are there any musicians you endorse that play or use your gear? Not to sure about the power cord issue either, for that price you could be using a more conductive/precious metal than copper. I assume from the mark up of your cord, that the amps must be at a 2000% gross profit markup also? unfortunately as a consumer of finer audio things that turns me off to the possibility of buying. The amps are priced more than a McIntosh too. Good luck, but you will have a tough sale here without endorsing someone we all trust to vouch for your products. just an idea.

Yes but look at the cuts he takes on his 'sale' item":

Bob Carver Cherry 180 Mono Tube Amplifiers
List Price: $7,495.00
One Week Only Beginning 04/17/12 $7,495.00

Gotta give credit there.
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby playingdead » Fri May 04, 2012 7:51 am

I'd go with the Red Wave ...

http://www.sanibelhifi.com/_store/Displ ... D=DHL_RDWV

Here's a review:

http://www.soundstage.com/equipment/dhlabs_red_wave.htm

People really do believe in these things ... Steve Kimock believes in pure copper guitar cables, for example.

John Curl is an engineer who worked with Alembic and has high-end audio credentials:

http://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

I'm sure lots of people might think its nuts to be debating some of the minutia discussed in this forum regarding what kind of material is in a particular resistor ... this is just on a high-dollar scale. Not sure whether the OP is the owner of Sanibel HiFi, but he's got some knowledge about the Dead and shouldn't be dismissed as a huckster because it's high-dollar merchandise.
playingdead

Postby eric » Fri May 04, 2012 8:35 am

^ Sure , but you can get a 6 foot COPPER AC cord from mercurymagnetics.com for $30 shipped ... Just sayin'.. If you really check out his website I think you'll soon realize its just a spam Storefront.. Almost all his products just link you out to different websites manufacturers ...
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby Smolder » Fri May 04, 2012 8:52 am

eric wrote:^ Sure , but you can get a 6 foot COPPER AC cord from mercurymagnetics.com for $30 shipped ... Just sayin'.. If you really check out his website I think you'll soon realize its just a spam Storefront.. Almost all his products just link you out to different websites manufacturers ...

I bought a couple of the MM power cords when they came out. The introductory price pegged them the same with shipping (not 30 dollars) as what I was buying at home depot... With the added bonus that they are red, and finding MY cords makes set up, trouble shooting, and tear down much easier. I haven't detected and sonic improvement (yet?).
Smolder

Postby jeffm725 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:15 am

.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby eric » Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 am

Wow after checking out PEAR cables (7500.00) for a 12 ft pair.. Yes that's $7.5 large...holy smokes ... Really ?
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Fri May 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah they're made of human bone dust and diamonds fused together. Pretty metal if you ask me.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Mostdead » Fri May 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Wow! I guess you told me.
Mostdead
Vince
Vince

Postby Mostdead » Fri May 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Just to add some more fuel. I attended at least 250 shows before 1996. I have been in the music business for over 40 years and do know a little about gear and sound. I produce a international trade event that specializes on the subject (www.axpona.com) I also play professionally and started in music way before I ever heard of the Dead. It was a neat experience to see the Macs and Crowns in the early seventies and actually be using them myself. There are major differences in amps, guitars, speakers, transformers, the setup and setup people who make it all work. There are big difference in materials and technology. Some people have better technology than others, run faster, jump higher, higher IQ's, better ears hell some even have open minds maybe from a Dead show or some fairy dust. The really good news we can all think what we want that is a personal liberty no one can steal.
Mostdead
Vince
Vince

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Fri May 04, 2012 3:25 pm

I believe that's the sound of the needle breaking on the bullshit-o-meter.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

PreviousNext

Return to Garage Sale