Resurrection Guitars Jerry Garcia "BOLT" for sale!

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Re: Resurrection Guitars Jerry Garcia "BOLT" for sale!

Postby barefootdave » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Waldo speaks the truth. I live down the street from Pat and Tim, and owned one of their "Bolt" guitars for a couple of years. I ended up selling it. Their work is very good, but the guitar I had didn't sound much like Jerry's and was not one of my better playing guitars, probably not even in the top five. That said, my top five are really nice. I am ultimately going for the Moriarty / SMS combo when the finances permit.

They do own Cripe's remaining equipment, and yes, I have seen the opium bed that Jerry's guitar was made from. Waldo is correct, however, about the fact that they do not have any connection to Jerry's or his guitars. That doesn't change the fact that they make nice guitars and are good guys to work with.
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Jon S. » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:56 am

What I'd like to know is whether there is a connection between the material in Waldo's blue vinyl gloves and the cables Jerry used. :lol:
Last edited by Jon S. on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby eric » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am

I too was wondering the use of the blue latex as opposed to the more surgical White Latex glove? But I' m guessing the blue gives more natural feel ? :lol:
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby pctidefan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Item is SOLD and can be removed.
pctidefan
rukind?
rukind?

Postby NIGHTCASTERS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:41 am

Pat / Tim Connection to Cripe.....

Let me help clear this up... Im Rob Bienstock In Florida...

Cripe was a friend of mine and used to see shows of my band U.J.B. in Miami....

Steve Cripe built the first bolt exact copy for me. It was the first Guitar he built not for Jerry. Made from the same wood as jerry's..

Pics enclosed of the original cripe..

Sadly after his passing, I brought my Bolt over to Pat, and he carefully analyzed and measured and built me an exact copy of my bolt... It was so perfect that I sold the original for a price I couldn't refuse...

That was Pats first bolt.

Pat is an AMAZING craftsman . They don't come any better. I also had him build me a custom strat. It is with out doubt the finest strat on earth.. not kidding! lol
NIGHTCASTERS
welcome
welcome

Postby waldo041 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:48 am

NIGHTCASTERS wrote:Pat / Tim Connection to Cripe.....

Let me help clear this up... Im Rob Bienstock In Florida...

Cripe was a friend of mine and used to see shows of my band U.J.B. in Miami....

Steve Cripe built the first bolt exact copy for me. It was the first Guitar he built not for Jerry. Made from the same wood as jerry's..

Pics enclosed of the original cripe..

Sadly after his passing, I brought my Bolt over to Pat, and he carefully analyzed and measured and built me an exact copy of my bolt... It was so perfect that I sold the original for a price I couldn't refuse...

That was Pats first bolt.

Pat is an AMAZING craftsman . They don't come any better. I also had him build me a custom strat. It is with out doubt the finest strat on earth.. not kidding! lol

Just want to clarify, Parish is quoted as telling Cripe to "wing it" when asked for some dimensions of the original Bolt when commissioned to make what becomes Tophat. I am pretty sure that it occured to Cripe to make templates from Tophat, but by Parishs statement to Cripe it is not possible for Steve to make an "exact" copy of Bolt never holding it again, let alone having all the dimensions needed.

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby playingdead » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 am

Here's Pat himself at work on a guitar ... :shock:

I got to know Steve Cripe a little bit, he was going to build me a lefty Bolt in exchange for some graphic design work but he passed away before that got underway.

My understanding is that Steve and Pat were friends, and when Steve was killed, Steve's wife got in touch with Pat and Tim to carry on his work and salvage what could be salvaged from the remains of his workshop. All in all, a tragic story, and the fact that's Steve's headstock logo was an exploding firecracker makes it that much more poignant.

playingdead

Postby barefootdave » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Is it a coincidence that this thread is "resurrected" at the same point that guitar resurfaces on eBay?
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Previous

Return to Garage Sale