710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Re: POST TIGER ON EBAY

Postby vwjodyme » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:21 am

unreal how inexpensive he can make these for
vwjodyme

Postby gr8fullfred » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 am

No affiliation, but for the price he is asking, it would be hard to do better.

For the price of a strat, you have a neck thru, Jerryish guitar. Pretty nice if you ask me.
gr8fullfred
Jerry
Jerry

Postby JonnyBoy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Actually I think the word is how reasonably priced he can build them for. Unfortunately the market determines price for craftsmen and the times are tough. I think he cuts some of the frilly corners to bring an inexpensive tribute worth playing tho...He is going for the market that just cant afford a true to scale replica like moriarty or Lieber. Great job Troy!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:58 pm

You still have to add the super2's, buffer and obel, but even then it's still a great price. The more I look at the pics and see how well it is crafted, the more I think I would have got one of these instead of the Carvin, but I don't think this version was available a few months ago. Anyway, I'm lucky I have what I have.
Be nice to see a Wolf in the same capacity! :smile: :smile: :smile:
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby vwjodyme » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Yeah, when i was in the market for a new guitar all the post's were over 3k. as soon as i ordered my guitar he started offering less expensive versions...though i am very happy with what i have now :smile:
vwjodyme

Postby Ross66 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Troy is building me a wolf tribute now. I must say he has been a pleasure to work with and very accommodating to needs for the tone I am looking for. It has all the bells and whistles pups to brass nut,and whatever hardware set up you want all for a great price!! I am a long time lurker here and wanted to make sure to say how great Troy is! Buy one of his guitars they sound great that's what we all want right. It's like an old biker once said to me all that chrome won't get you home.
Ross66
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:01 am

Ross66 wrote:Troy is building me a wolf tribute now. I must say he has been a pleasure to work with and very accommodating to needs for the tone I am looking for. It has all the bells and whistles pups to brass nut,and whatever hardware set up you want all for a great price!! I am a long time lurker here and wanted to make sure to say how great Troy is! Buy one of his guitars they sound great that's what we all want right. It's like an old biker once said to me all that chrome won't get you home.

Ok, so what is the "great price"? :smile: :smile: :smile:
hippieguy1954

Postby Ross66 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:52 am

Total with the DiMarzio Pups and OBEL $1400.00 He does not do exact replicas as you can see but that's what I wanted Troy's take on the build. Which I think is superb.
Ross66
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby vwjodyme » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:09 am

Ross66 wrote:Total with the DiMarzio Pups and OBEL $1400.00 He does not do exact replicas as you can see but that's what I wanted Troy's take on the build. Which I think is superb.

That's a great price! That was my budget when i got my guitar, and I had to wait to get more funds together for the obel and pups...doh! Everyone needs a back-up guitar or two, right? :-)
vwjodyme

Postby Pete B. » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:05 am

The Post guitars that don't come with Buffer/OBEL could be used with a Buffer/oBEL Pedal (oBEL = Out-Board Effects Loop).
I believe Waldo has made at least a few.
'May be a bid'ness op there.
Pete B.

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:45 am

Pete B. wrote:The Post guitars that don't come with Buffer/OBEL could be used with a Buffer/oBEL Pedal (oBEL = Out-Board Effects Loop).

Id rather have the buffer/obel in the guitar. It's very convinient and not very hard to install. They do come with the buffer/obel installed for about $250 more.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
hippieguy1954

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:49 am

Ross66 wrote:Total with the DiMarzio Pups and OBEL $1400.00 He does not do exact replicas as you can see but that's what I wanted Troy's take on the build. Which I think is superb.

That will be my next guitar! $1400 for a wolf all set up is just amazing. Any pics? :smile: :smile: :smile:
hippieguy1954

Postby Pete B. » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 am

hippieguy1954 wrote:
Pete B. wrote:The Post guitars that don't come with Buffer/OBEL could be used with a Buffer/oBEL Pedal (oBEL = Out-Board Effects Loop).

Id rather have the buffer/obel in the guitar. It's very convinient and not very hard to install. They do come with the buffer/obel installed for about $250 more.
:smile: :smile: :smile:

The Buffer/0BEL Pedal costs about $75 as I recall, and you can use it with any instrument you own.
I think of it as an "option" that would be attractive to some with multiple axes.
I also have a Tiger Modded Strat, too.
I would love to do a blind test for you guys and see if you could tell which is which.
Pete B.

Postby Ross66 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:43 pm

No pics just yet I wil post them when they become available. He just finished the wood working last week. Wiring,finish and hardware and she is done can't wait! I did not go with traditional hardware incorporated a lot of black and chrome. No matter what I will have the tone I desire and always wanted. Got the twin just ready to jamm!!!
Ross66
Rosebud
Rosebud

Next

Return to Garage Sale