Blueridge guitars

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Blueridge guitars

Postby vwjodyme » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:08 am

not sure if you guys saw, but musicians friend is doing 15% off of blueridge guitars, tascam recording stuff, alesis drum machines, and some other stuff.

anyone have a review on blueridge...they seem like nice guitars for the $ on paper
vwjodyme

Re: Blueridge guitars

Postby gdrfk1990 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:20 am

Just had this conversation the other night with a Friend I was talking about getting a Luna and he reccomended Blue Ridge from what I was able to gather online Blue Ridge are chinese copies of quality guitars using solid woods etc. they still seemed expensive in $800-$2000 range Luna on contrast has a solid rosewood guitar for $350 that is something I have not seen anywhere else just wish it didn't look like a chic guitar
gdrfk1990
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby justahack » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 am

While my opinion is just that, an opinion, I absolutely LOVE the Blueridge I have. It is an older model probably bought in 2001, but it is a BR-7S, and it is a cannon. To lend some credibility, I own a custom Martin, and a Guild 512 12 string, so I have an idea of decent sound for acoustics and good woods. I recommend it, although mine was only $499back in the day, and is part of the reason I feel the way I do. Looking back, it was a steal! It has solid East Indian Rosewood back and sides, and some seriously slick Mother of Pearl work on the headstock. Just my .02
justahack
Vince
Vince

Postby broesau » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:06 pm

I've had a Blueridge BG-60 for about 6 years and absolutely love it. I had been playing an old yamaha FG-410A forever, actually the first guitar I ever had and only acoustic I'd ever owned. My wife bought the Blueridge for me and I didn't really like it at first because I was used to playing the old Yamaha. Long story short I started playing it and my poor dedicated old Yamaha is just collecting dust. I've had Martin & Taylor owners tell me this guitar is great and feels & sounds as good as theirs, including my father in law who has a 40 year old martin.

broesau
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby tcsned » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:19 am

I saw a lot of Blueridge guitars when I was running the music store and they really have to be evaluated one at time. They were hit and miss. Some sounded and played great others had issues like the top bellying up on a pretty new guitar. If they have a good exchange policy then it sounds like a reasonable risk.
tcsned

Postby easytoslip » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 am

gdrfk1990 wrote:just wish it didn't look like a chic guitar

Pixie acoustic in 'pink sparkle' =soooooooo girly
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Return to Garage Sale