Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby gr8fullfred » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:17 pm

[url]
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/msg/2813875438.html[/url]

Not affiliated in any way, but might be able to assist a RUkinder if needed
User avatar
gr8fullfred
Magic Hand
Magic Hand
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby Smolder » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 pm

If that were in my area I'd have probably bought it already... Hoping that it's not hot of course. That's a very quick offload price.
Smolder
Senior Member
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:42 am
Location: 8152 feet... in the rockies.

Re: Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby gr8fullfred » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:03 pm

for example similar set of speakers only on ebay

[ebay]http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PAIR-ORANGE-FRAME-JBL-D120F-12-INCH-ALNICO-SPEAKERS-8-OHMS-/160718384453?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item256b8fed45[/ebay]
User avatar
gr8fullfred
Magic Hand
Magic Hand
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby hippieguy1954 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Smolder wrote:If that were in my area I'd have probably bought it already... Hoping that it's not hot of course. That's a very quick offload price.

I've had the exact same Twin (in the same condition) with working reverb for sale (about a 2 hr drive from NYC) for 6 months. Lowered the price to $600 a month ago and still hasn't sold. The market is horrible. I also see other amps and guitars going for around $300 or so less than they used to go for just a couple of yrs ago. Strange!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

Re: Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby Smolder » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 pm

hippieguy1954 wrote:
Smolder wrote:If that were in my area I'd have probably bought it already... Hoping that it's not hot of course. That's a very quick offload price.

I've had the exact same Twin (in the same condition) with working reverb for sale (about a 2 hr drive from NYC) for 6 months. Lowered the price to $600 a month ago and still hasn't sold. The market is horrible. I also see other amps and guitars going for around $300 or so less than they used to go for just a couple of yrs ago. Strange!
:smile: :smile: :smile:



With working, original cone, JBL d120f's?
Smolder
Senior Member
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:42 am
Location: 8152 feet... in the rockies.

Re: Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby hippieguy1954 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:40 am

Smolder wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Smolder wrote:If that were in my area I'd have probably bought it already... Hoping that it's not hot of course. That's a very quick offload price.

I've had the exact same Twin (in the same condition) with working reverb for sale (about a 2 hr drive from NYC) for 6 months. Lowered the price to $600 a month ago and still hasn't sold. The market is horrible. I also see other amps and guitars going for around $300 or so less than they used to go for just a couple of yrs ago. Strange!
:smile: :smile: :smile:



With working, original cone, JBL d120f's?


No, not JBL's but with the original Fender Speakers and everything else is original and works great! I bought this amp 3 yrs ago from a pedal steel player out of Memphis Tenn., for $1000. :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
User avatar
hippieguy1954
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Upstate, NY

Re: Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby gr8fullfred » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 am

We are drooling because the amps in this discussion have either JBL speakers in them or JBL speakers that were OEM'd to Fender (still JBLs with a Fender label).
A pair of good condition JBLs D120, K120s or E120s are worth, in my estimation,
$300 to $400 for just the speakers.

That is why I feel that even a twin that is a bit beat up, could still be a pretty good deal at $600, with the JBLs.

The problem is that a twin with the JBLs will be annoyingly heavy to transport.
Worth it, but heavy. And without being super picky, its pretty much Jerry in a box.
User avatar
gr8fullfred
Magic Hand
Magic Hand
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby mkaufman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:12 am

Besides weight, one needs to consider if they play gigs that warrant Twin power. Playing with volume at 2 is kinda a waste for this amp.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://www.advantech-ny.com/DellComputerWarranty/
mkaufman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: Fender Twin with JBLs on NYC CL

Postby Smolder » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Twins are fantastic amps. Guys are dumping them because they are too loud, too clean and too heavy. But... If you reconfigure the MV to a post phase inverter, pull two of the power tubes, rebias and use only one 8 ohm JBL, they are friggin great amps and become very usable for playing in bars and small clubs. I've even thought of putting a pair of kt66 or kt88 tubes in to get closer to that Mac amp tone but haven't yet tried it.
Smolder
Senior Member
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:42 am
Location: 8152 feet... in the rockies.


Return to Garage Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest