LF: Groove Tubes Trio Preamp

Sell and buy at your own risk...

LF: Groove Tubes Trio Preamp

Postby Counterstriker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Looking to buy one, I can trade you with a hughes and kettner blues master or cash, or both! :smile: Please PM me!
Counterstriker

Re: LF: Groove Tubes Trio Preamp

Postby mijknahs » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Counterstriker wrote:Looking to buy one, I can trade you with a hughes and kettner blues master or cash, or both! :smile: Please PM me!

Why are you selling the Hughes and Kettner? I thought you were looking to get the JK tone? Isn't that what he uses?
mijknahs

Postby Counterstriker » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:16 pm

I am but I like the tone he gets in the John K band better, it's brighter and sounds better overdriven i feel. He uses a Trio for that.. Great preamp though, but with no job at the moment.. i gotta make money somehow!
Counterstriker

Postby mijknahs » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Counterstriker wrote:I am but I like the tone he gets in the John K band better, it's brighter and sounds better overdriven i feel. He uses a Trio for that.. Great preamp though, but with no job at the moment.. i gotta make money somehow!

Oh, ok. I didn't know that he uses a Trio in his other band.
mijknahs

Postby waldo041 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Counterstriker wrote:I am but I like the tone he gets in the John K band better, it's brighter and sounds better overdriven i feel. He uses a Trio for that.. Great preamp though, but with no job at the moment.. i gotta make money somehow!

FYI, his Trio is not stock! you may want to get into contact with JK and ask him what mods he did to his TRIO. i recall something about modding the tonestack potentiometer wiring to be more akin to fender and definately some cap value and material swaps as well.

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby Counterstriker » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 pm

I saw that in the Groove tubes topic, I talked to Brad about it asking him if I could get by for the time being, and he believes that I should be able to get a very close tone without the mods, I'll just have to tweak it a bit more.. I'm going to have it modded for sure though, just need to make the cash for it :smile: For now I think the tone will get close.. I have a boss EQ that I'll run with it if I have to.

I did have a question though, I'm running a EH Booster pedal in front of it to push it to overdrive, my question is with the pedals before that, say for example.. a qtron.. wouldn't the booster mess with the tone of the qtron?
Counterstriker

Postby mijknahs » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:05 am

Counterstriker wrote:wouldn't the booster mess with the tone of the qtron?

Not sure if you have an OBEL but you need to have the qtron in an effects loop that is pre-guitar volume (in the OBEL). If any pedal needs a pre-guitar volume effects loop, it's the envelope filter. Then it wouldn't matter what other boost pedals you have going on. The envelope will act correctly no matter what.
mijknahs

Postby joethepainter » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:57 am

Hey counterstriker, I found this on CL...
It's not mine, hope this helps...http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/2787262141.html
joethepainter
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Garage Sale