OBEL Repair

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Re: OBEL Repair

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm with The Scoobs on this one.
The Scoobs seems like a pretty decent guy to me - always with helpful advice and a kind word - the kind of hippie I would like to share a jam band foxhole with !
8)
Tennessee Jedi

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Hey, I've always enjoyed rusty's posts and think he says lots of kind and helpful things too. Probably a great friend too. That's not the point. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz!
Sooooooooooooo, never mind. I know yallgititsomeday. :smile: :smile: :smile:
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:41 pm

hippieguy1954 wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:This "Wisdom of the Ages" routine of yours is getting old. I hope I never learn to sit passively by while someone screws my friend and then acts like a dick about it. I'm sure I'd be happier if I did, but I care about bigger things than my own peace of mind.

If you really think you'll never again find anything to learn from someone who's younger than you, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I'm not automatically smarter or wiser than every single person who is younger than me, and neither are you.

I can understand your frustration with the wisdom of the ages. It takes many years to have any. Also, don't confuse that with learning something from someone younger. I learn from young people all the time. That is not the issue. Rusty, your anger and lack of reading retention is getting old. I never said anything about "sitting passively by while someone screws our friend and then acts like a dick about it". Did I? No. I would not do that and never have. I acknowledged that he did rip waldo off. After reading many posts that did a great job of telling this person what an asshole he is, I said lets take a deep breath and focus our energy away from anger to love, in order to make this person see the light and realize the importance of being honest. It's not about your or my peace of mind. It's about showing this person what is right.
He heard the anger. He heard the ridicule. He heard the conciquences. It was time for love, but you could not let it rest. Then you started to belittle me for my opinion. Chill and reflect a little. If you have issues with this....I don't know, man. :? :? :?

??? When did I ridicule you? I just said that your "take a deep breath and focus our energy from anger to love" approach wasn't my style, but there was nothing wrong with it, and then in my eyes you attacked me!

To me, his continued denials and cross-accusations merited further anger from me, and were evidence that the previous anger and ridicule weren't enough. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, I don't expect everybody to see things exactly as I do.

Oh! A lightbulb just went off in my head - to be clear, when I said "sitting passively by while someone screws our friend and then acts like a dick about it" what I meant was that Dallek was acting like a dick, not you! I'm really sorry if you read that the wrong way, I absolutely did not mean that part in regards to you. If that's what upset you, I totally understand and apologize for not wording that more clearly!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby myoung6923 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Tennessee Jedi wrote:I'm with The Scoobs on this one.
The Scoobs seems like a pretty decent guy to me - always with helpful advice and a kind word - the kind of hippie I would like to share a jam band foxhole with !
8)

Yep! I most certainly vouch for Rusty's character. He's one of the kindest, happiest, gentlest and an absolute stand up guy and brother.

I'm on his side of the fence for sure.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
myoung6923

Postby 1dallek1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 pm

strumminsix wrote:Why don't you chill out and quite with the insults
[/quote]

so how does this work only senior members are allowed to make insults?
Who are the douche bag police ?

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 32ed/l.jpg
Last edited by 1dallek1 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
!!! ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION !!!
1dallek1
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:32 pm

1dallek1 wrote:
1dallek1 wrote:Why don't you chill out and quite with the insults

Who are the douche bag police ?[/quote]

More class on display...
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby 1dallek1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:45 pm

TI4-1009 wrote:
1dallek1 wrote:
1dallek1 wrote:Why don't you chill out and quite with the insults

Who are the douche bag police ?

More class on display...[/quote]

Can you explain what you mean by that, Seriously? Its either a compliment or a rather
feeble minded/impudent barb. Either way it's inappropriate, I was making a genuine point with the addition of a little humor, but I see that humor is wasted here. Ah well I guess you can always scratch my eyes out

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... b48c/l.jpg
Last edited by 1dallek1 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
1dallek1
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby 1dallek1 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:34 am

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:
To me, his continued denials and cross-accusations merited further anger from me, and were evidence that the previous anger and ridicule weren't enough. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, I don't expect everybody to see things exactly as I do.

Oh! A lightbulb just went off in my head - to be clear, when I said "sitting passively by while someone screws our friend and then acts like a dick about it" what I meant was that Dallek was acting like a dick, not you! I'm really sorry if you read that the wrong way, I absolutely did not mean that part in regards to you. If that's what upset you, I totally understand and apologize for not wording that more clearly!

Your behavior at such a constant level of malevolence tied together with a few others is so out of proportion that it makes you wonder what is really going on here. this obviously repressed hostility that is coming out here is scary.
the most i have lowered myself to was some sarcastic inside humor
what is being displayed here is classic road rage mentality which is unhealthy.

lets try something what do you see when you look at this picture?

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 0268/l.jpg

yours truly
Dallek
aka
Dr Crazy
http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... d314/l.jpg
1dallek1
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Something Special

Postby 1dallek1 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:33 am

this is just one of the many unique tools i have and as far as I know there is nothing else like this. It's a Baily Travis Bean Copy and accept for the paint job it is an excellent piece of work, the guy is a genius. It has a system designed by me that can run 2 buffers in one guitar off one battery. you can switch between the 2 buffers in real time while you're playing if you felt there is some reason to do something like that. the only consideration is a power up time of 1.5 seconds. that isn't really the idea behind this, it is a very powerful tool that lets you compare 2 different buffers with just a flip of a switch. the metal neck gives it a real nice sound to begin with. It had SD2 pickups, Bourns Pots (95) oil caps. Everything is just right to do its job

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 7b82/l.jpg

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... a7fb/l.jpg
1dallek1
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby waldo041 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:25 am

1dallek1 wrote:March 7 2011
Hi I send it by the weekend can you send me a paypal request by sat or sunday I should be paid by then

I really don’t want to offend you but I have to build a few of these I’m dieing to, being a tech and I want to have this thing on perf board under the face plate of my tiger, I don’t know where to get blue board from do you? If I follow the layout you have on your site it will be the buffer right? also on ic1 you have the chip direction as a faint dot on the right correct? I really don’t want to offend you or think im doing anything other than trying to make my guitar look and sound cool. Really it looks very simple am I correct

ns

did you pay cae sound for the buffers you have of theirs?

since you have not used the buffer i sent you, please send it back. since it was not used in the project you stated it would be sold in, then it should be unused and exactly how i sent it to you. you have the address and i will expect it soon.

i would email you this but you have ignored anything i have sent you since i sent you the buffer.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 am

Well, HippieGuy, I hate to right about this but looks like I was... he still doesn't get it.

Dallek: It has nothing to do with who's a senior member and who isn't. It has to do with who is ripping good people off and then coming back here trying to make a buck. Are you really having trouble understanding this?
Rusty the Scoob

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:08 am

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Well, HippieGuy, I hate to right about this but looks like I was... he still doesn't get it.

Dallek: It has nothing to do with who's a senior member and who isn't. It has to do with who is ripping good people off and then coming back here trying to make a buck. Are you really having trouble understanding this?

If your asking me, no Rusty, I'm not having any trouble understanding anything. Like I said in my first post in this thread, we all know he ripped of Waldo. We don't like it etc.. Waldo just asked him to return the buffer (like a gentleman). Maybe he will and maybe he won't. Who knows. Only time will tell. The only problem I have is your approach to sticking up for Waldo. I'm not going to reiterate all my posts on your behavior. Just go back and read them. Like I said, you seem like a good person. You just need to be more of a diplomat when speaking in these situations.

As far as you being "right", I don't think you are lol. You don't know if he gets it or not. Maybe he gets it and just isn't giving in to the anger and hostility.

There is a HUGE thread here (somewhere) about who's buffer is the real deal etc. mostly between Waldo and CAE that went on for quite a few (heated) pages and was never really resolved. Many of us have bought both (like me) because we are curious and want to decide for ourselves which we like better. Also, there are others available as well.

All the schematics have been available to the public for quite some time now. Anyone can build and sell whatever they want. If people like and want the product, they will buy it. If it sucks, the word will get out and no one will buy it. I've also read a post here somewhere (posted by a member) who built his own buffer and was kind enough to say he would do it for other members if needed. He didn't get this abuse.

After a certain amount of time (I'm not sure how long), there are no rights. Even patents have a time limit. Is anyone being hostile to the second person who had the idea of building a Jerry replica. NO! All the Jerry tribute guitar makers are getting along and comparing notes etc. No hard feelings that I can see.

Again, he didn't pay for the buffer. That is the only problem I have with him and I have stated that many times. He is wrong for not paying. That is obvious. Lets see if he does pay for it or returns it, as per Waldo's request.

Finally (my favorite part), these discussions are very productive. I have absolutly no hard or bad feelings towards you, Rusty The Scoob! Your obviously a stand up guy who cares. So am I.

I'm glad your here and always look forward to your point of view, even if I don't agree with it. :smile: :smile: :smile:
hippieguy1954

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:51 am

Bah! :? I did it again! -

This question: "Are you really having trouble understanding this?" was addressed solely at Dallek, not you, Hippieguy!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:41 am

Thanks for the clarification, Rusty the Scoob! :smile: :smile: :smile:
hippieguy1954

Postby 1dallek1 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Well, HippieGuy, I hate to right about this but looks like I was... he still doesn't get it.

no i dont get it, i see a few people that i could count on 1 hand who have 2 sets of rules, one for themselves and one for me. no problem have your fun, im bigger than that.

anyone needing service "the point of this thread" you have seen examples of the work, and feedback from the customers, thank you for your time
ns

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 4e61/l.jpg
1dallek1
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

PreviousNext

Return to Garage Sale