Gear for sale

Sell and buy at your own risk...

Gear for sale

Postby inthedark » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:45 am

Boss Compression pedal (in great shape)

BBE sonic max pedal (ok shape)

Boss NS-2 (brand new)

Marshall TSL 60 tube head. w/ new GT tubes and 5 button f/s. in great shape, works 100% no issues.

Email me @ Inthedarkct@hotmail.com
inthedark
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Gear for sale

Postby tiffcheese » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:35 am

inthedark wrote:Boss Compression pedal (in great shape)

walt can you explain what each of these do and your asking prices?
tiffcheese

Postby Grant » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Well the compressor is a compressor...

As for the BBE, I believe they cut mids and boost highs and lows to create "clarity".
Grant
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Google works. I would be more concerned about whether the OP even still has any of the offerings, since it was posted almost 3 months ago.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby tiffcheese » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:31 pm

all good, I just like picking walt's brain about guitar stuff, he's usually willing to oblige. dude ALWAYs has crap for sale too, and I figure he'll chime in at some point recommending stuff for my new setup
tiffcheese

Postby tiffcheese » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:15 am

still wouldn't mind hearing someone describe a compressor, but since no one has bitten on that one, Google it is. surely people realize that some like to post to make conversation, connect with others to uplift their mood, shoot the shit and talk about music...as opposed to always relying on google for answers, yes? one of my pet peeves, people recommending google. :-x
tiffcheese

Postby tiffcheese » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:19 am

ah! Not to mention! most google searches I've done for stuff like that turn up a million results on stuff to buy, no descriptions of what it sounds like. since you were so smart as to recommend it, tigerstrat, how about some insight as to how you'd phrase your search, as mine in the past have turned up squat. :wink:
tiffcheese

Postby tiffcheese » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:21 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxOeYXRmpQ
nevermind, found this^^^^
point proven: I'm female and I've got emotion in my blood. Get over it. :P
tiffcheese

Postby Cmnaround » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:37 am

I have an MXR compressor, a red Dynacomp that I got in the past year or two. I was looking for something to boost my signal for solos and to bring up my volume from the background to the front with a click. Looked a clean boosts, and also came across the Dynacomp.

You can adjust the output and get a nice volume boost. There is also a sensitivity control. I find that it adds killer sustain, so it can bump your signal and get your notes to ring for a long time.

When playing chords it makes it sound punchier to me - I don't know exactly how it works but it seems like it levels the volume of all the strings, and squishes some high and low end of the signal. Good for bobby stuff - a lot of country players use them - I know not for Jerry tone, but I still dig the way it sems to enhance my signal. Was like 80 bucks for the Dynacomp.
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby inthedark » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:29 am

Boss Compression pedal (in great shape)

I still have both Pedals. Sorry i just saw your response.

Shoot me an email if your still interested.

-walt

inthedarkct@hotmail.com
inthedark
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby inthedark » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:20 am

I also have a few more items for sale.

2010 Gibson SG Standard (Cherry) brand new w/ Gibson HSC
$900 or best offer

(I paid $1200 new)

Schecter C-1 Semi Hollow (Trans Black) Lightly used w/ HSC
$400

(I paid $700 new)

Marshall TSL 60 all tube guitar head. Great shape works 100%, has new tubes and includes the 5 button FS
$650

(I paid $1349 new)
inthedark
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:48 am

tiff, I haven't monitored this thread, hence no previous responses to posts directed at me.

Google indeed is really all about $elling stuff, but you should be able to get some descriptions as well... searth terms might be "Boss Compression" + "reviews" OR + "description"... also Harmony-Central has a huge reviews section covering almost every piece of gear there is.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:16 am

It's not real easy to explain what a compression/sustainer pedal does. If you have some time, go to the music store and try one out. Im 30 seconds you will know what it does.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby tiffcheese » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:50 am

tigerstrat wrote:tiff, I haven't monitored this thread, hence no previous responses to posts directed at me.

Google indeed is really all about $elling stuff, but you should be able to get some descriptions as well... searth terms might be "Boss Compression" + "reviews" OR + "description"... also Harmony-Central has a huge reviews section covering almost every piece of gear there is.

stupendous. spending on Self is out the window for a bit as Christmas and a bunch of family birthdays, then mother's and father's day come up... nonetheless I appreciate your effort to help!
tiffcheese

Postby tiffcheese » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:57 am

inthedark wrote:2010 Gibson SG Standard (Cherry) brand new w/ Gibson HSC
$900 or best offer

Schecter C-1 Semi Hollow (Trans Black) Lightly used w/ HSC
$400

Gotta love an SG. Is the C-1 a baritone? what condition is it in? also, have an asking price for that comp pedal?
tiffcheese

Return to Garage Sale