SOLD: Kawai FIIB w/ SGD pickups and pre/

Sell and buy at your own risk...

SOLD: Kawai FIIB w/ SGD pickups and pre/

Postby Bassman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 am

Hey folks, I have to sell this because I need every penny possible to buy an Alembic Mark King 5-string Bass. Here is the complete story of this bass. I purchased this over a year ago. I paid $825 for it. I did not like the stock pickups. So I had David Schwab of SGD luthiers build a custom set along with a custom preamp to fit the bass. It sounds incredible. Many different tone choices. You can get piano like Stanly Clarke sounds, Jaco growl tones as well and of course, Phil Lesh vibe with the neck pickup.. That cost me over $400.
FULL DISCLOSURE: there is a little neck rise from the 12th fret on, nothing crazy. I did have a luthier do a taper with those frets so I could get lower action. That cost me another $90. All and all its a great bass especially because I am selling it for:
SOLD LOCALLY!!!!!!

this is a 34" scale bass, neck-though body
Last edited by Bassman on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bassman
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: FS: Kawai FIIB w/ SGD pickups and pre/ almost condition

Postby Bassman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:41 pm

SOLD LOCALLY!!!!!
Last edited by Bassman on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bassman
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: FS: Kawai FIIB w/ SGD pickups and pre/ almost condition

Postby ugly rumor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:06 pm

That is a wonderful bass, extremely well made, a pleasure to play. I sold mine, a 1980-something model, because I hated the tone. It played GREAT, and I used it at rock & gigs where the tone was not important to the sound of the music. It sounds like you have corrected everything wrong with them. It is well worth your asking. Good luck with your sale!

This is one of the few non-Gibson basses I ever owned. I also owned a Fender Jazz in the late '90s, and a Gilbert jazz bass copy was my first bass. The Kawai was better built than any of them, including the Gibsons, which I still love!
Gone are the days we stopped to decide where we should go, we just ride...
ugly rumor
Bobby
Bobby

Return to Garage Sale